"It's not a rivalry, honest" Dunfermline vs Falkirk 19th Aug

38 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Beating us when we were mid-table in the league below and then not getting thrashed off Rangers is as good as it gets for Falkirk.

I much prefer the 97 one, mid table 2nd tier, pars sitting comfortably in the top tier and beaten by lowly Falkirk.....

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, MrDust said:

I much prefer the 97 one, mid table 2nd tier, pars sitting comfortably in the top tier and beaten by lowly Falkirk.....

Think there is a genuine possibility that is Falkirk's greatest achievement in the last 50 years.

ETA - I just remembered what happened in the months after that cup final v Sevco :lol:

NMr8v8h.png

Vaduz :lol:

Pars still broken by losing to us in the biggest ever match between the teams. #pleasing.

Meanwhile what a shock the 10th best team in Scotland* losing to the 10th best team in Switzerland was.

*at least until we appointed the triptych of terror.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Actually that shitshow of a side getting to the Cup final might just be our biggest achievement, tbh. What's Dunfermline's? Losing innumerable cup finals to rank Celtic and Hibs teams? Losing to the Fisherman's XI?

Probably reaching 3 cup finals between 2004 and 2007 tbh, Falkirk fans have wet dreams about "innumerable cup finals".

You mean a team that was relegated from that division the season before, didn't return until 2014 and only got into europe by virtue of winning the Liechtenstein Cup, a rather farcical tournament in which Vaduz are one of 7 clubs in the entire country and the only club to play higher than the fourth tier of swiss football?

Glad to see you've all still got the hankies out. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

I'll take your semi final win and raise you a 3-0 victory in front of your 67 (sixty seven) fans and lifting the league trophy in front of a jam packed EEP. I know it hurts.

I almost forgot about that!

Definition of scooshing a team. Even Pat Clarke scored!

Well if they got back into the top flight in 2014 they are doing a hell of a lot better than us, so you've failed there.

As I said, and you've ignored, it was a contest between two 10th placed teams from the year before, unlike the disgrace you inflicted on the nation in losing to some (literal) fishermen.

Chin up, bud.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Incorrect. I wrote that off beforehand, as did all but 67 of our fans.

Undoubtedly a great day for yourselves, but irrelevant to us, unlike losing a cup semi final when Europe was guaranteed for the winner.

#unlucks.

The European place that went on to see Falkirk suffer the most humiliating European defeat in Scottish football history, only very recently surpassed by Sevco?

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Incorrect. I wrote that off beforehand, as did all but 67 of our fans.

Undoubtedly a great day for yourselves, but irrelevant to us, unlike losing a cup semi final when Europe was guaranteed for the winner.

#unlucks.

There we go then. It hurt that much you couldn't even bring yourself to watch the black and white juggernaut do something falkirk haven't. In that time we've won the league, been relegated from the premier league, went into admin, got relegated from the championship, spent 3 seasons in the seaside league and are now back too of the pops while falkirk are looking over their shoulder for the mighty Brechin city hanging onto their tails. The sleeping giant has awoken.

Ah right, you're spectacularly thick, I understand now.

Your defeat was significantly worse than ours. This is undeniable by anyone with any understanding of association football.

Sevco do indeed have the crown now, I'll grant you that.

Just now, TheMessiah said:

The European place that went on to see Falkirk suffer the most humiliating European defeat in Scottish football history, only very recently surpassed by Sevco?

Tbf to Pat Clarke he was a great finisher. Spoke with a couple of the players that were there at the same time as him and they both said he was the best finisher at the club. Apparently wasn't liked by the manager and fell out of love with the game. Shame really. But he enjoyed a goal against falkirk so fair fucks to him. The one on the opening day of the season was some day out. 

2 minutes ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

There we go then. It hurt that much you couldn't even bring yourself to watch the black and white juggernaut do something falkirk haven't. In that time we've won the league, been relegated from the premier league, went into admin, for relegated from the championship, spent 3 seasons in the seaside league and are now back too of the pops while falkirk are looking over their shoulder for the mighty Brechin city hanging onto their tails. The sleeping giant has awoken.

More word salad gibberish.

What, precisely, have FFC not done? I can think of 4 second tier titles in the time I've been watching us.

We've never paid less than 100% of our debts, is that what you mean?

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

More word salad gibberish.

What, precisely, have FFC not done? I can think of 4 second tier titles in the time I've been watching us.

We've never paid less than 100% of our debts, is that what you mean?

Can't remember the last time you beat us 3-0 and lifted the league trophy chap? Certainly not in my time. 'Lolol yuuz are pyoor cheatz'...desperate times. 

Just now, Gigi Alabocheré said:

Can't remember the last time you beat us 3-0 and lifted the league trophy chap? Certainly not in my time. 'Lolol yuuz are pyoor cheatz'...desperate times. 

f**k sake. Make your mind up! Either we are insignificant to you, in which case it matters not who you beat to win the league, or it is indeed important to get one over on us, as is clearly the case. The league was won, and since we were becalmed in mid table, the result was irrelevant to us.

I never called you cheats, merely stated our fiduciary responsibilities have always been met. Interesting and telling how you leap to that conclusion.

I'll leave this decrepit old thread to the Pars for further circle jerking, great win for you today, good luck for the rest of the season, barring 3 particular games of course.

16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

f**k sake. Make your mind up! Either we are insignificant to you, in which case it matters not who you beat to win the league, or it is indeed important to get one over on us, as is clearly the case. The league was won, and since we were becalmed in mid table, the result was irrelevant to us.

I never called you cheats, merely stated our fiduciary responsibilities have always been met. Interesting and telling how you leap to that conclusion.

I'll leave this decrepit old thread to the Pars for further circle jerking, great win for you today, good luck for the rest of the season, barring 3 particular games of course.

Never once said you were insignificant buddy. Majority of pars fans I know see falkirk is the big one. Usually 90 minutes of poision. Have a good one.

Archived