"It's not a rivalry, honest" Dunfermline vs Falkirk 19th Aug

3 hours ago, P475 said:

Fife derby neebs, not the Fife Grangemouth derby. 

Just because your fans don't like a team, doesn't make playing against them derby games. 

Almost all fans outside their own support have a dislike for the rangers and celtic, does that make playing them a derby game? 

Anyrhing else you don't understand, just give me a shout, I enjoy the laugh 

Ok then. So the criteria for a derby is that both teams must be based in the same county? Sounds ok.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Enjoyed our derby win against you lot in the cup then :D 

I was merely offering the distance thing as a possible explanation because he asked the question. If you feel that Falkirk v Livingston qualifies as a derby you fire in mate.

5 hours ago, P475 said:

Houston: “In the three years since I’ve been here Saturday is probably our worst performance. Our attitude and commitment, for a derby match – for any match – was nowhere near it, and the goals we lost were shocking. We went through the match in the video analysis on Monday and, trust me, a few home truths were told.”

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/08/22/peter-houston-reveals-falkirk-pair-lee-miller-craig-sibbald-fined-weekend-red-cards-dunfermline/

why do do this lot consider playing us a "derby"? 

derby 43.png

derby 2.png

derby 1.png

I haven't really considered it a derby. I just assumed it grew as a rivalry due to seasons like those in the early 90s where we were two reasonably big clubs in the second tier fighting it out against each other for promotion.

Why does this need a fresh topic when both Falkirk and Dunfermline have their own threads?

You do realise that this is the match thread from last week? Every single game has a thread each week... Falkirk v QotS this week has its own thread. Have you made similar complains about that, or are you just upset that some Falkirk fans are still posting on this, instead of talking about a game against your team?

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

You do realise that this is the match thread from last week? Every single game has a thread each week... Falkirk v QotS this week has its own thread. Have you made similar complains about that, or are you just upset that some Falkirk fans are still posting on this, instead of talking about a game against your team?

It was originally started as a brand new thread and moved in here. Do you feel stupid now?

It was originally started as a brand new thread and moved in here. Do you feel stupid now?

Definitely. I'm so stupid. Imagine not spending all day on P&B, so that I can see threads being moved. I guess I should just quit my job, to avoid missing these important events in future...

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Definitely. I'm so stupid. Imagine not spending all day on P&B, so that I can see threads being moved. I guess I should just quit my job, to avoid missing these important events in future...

That would be a good idea. 

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

That would be a good idea. 

Here, Ruggy, mind and tell all those silly Ross County feckers that their game v Inverness ain't a derby. I'll pop over to the Stirling and Alloa threads to get them telt tae! :thumsup2

39 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Oh dear. :1eye

57 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Craig Sibbald levels of headloss. 

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Why does this need a fresh topic when both Falkirk and Dunfermline have their own threads?

VHggFIw.jpg

ETA - Just actually read the thread and realised that this is actually not proper use but, understandably, I was eager to use this sensational picture. I'm sure with the sense of humour SD has he will understand.

I haven't really considered it a derby. I just assumed it grew as a rivalry due to seasons like those in the early 90s where we were two reasonably big clubs in the second tier fighting it out against each other for promotion.

All depends on peoples own definitions I suppose, I thought it was more of a rivalry but then I don't think the clubs have competed for anything in about 20 years.

Scottish Cup semi-final springs to mind. Comfortable 2-0 victory for the good guys (Scobbie shoulder and Arfield pen)

We've had semi finals against Hibs and Inverness and we're not rivals with them. A one off game doesn't constitute to a rivalry.

How did you get on in the Final?

Always remember; beating the mighty Pars is more important to you than actually winning silverware.

Narrowly beaten by EBT FC. I haven't checked recently, but I'm sure the SFA will have annulled the result or at least asterisked it.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Narrowly beaten by EBT FC. I haven't checked recently, but I'm sure the SFA will have annulled the result or at least asterisked it.

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Beating us when we were mid-table in the league below and then not getting thrashed off Rangers is as good as it gets for Falkirk.

Archived