"It's not a rivalry, honest" Dunfermline vs Falkirk 19th Aug

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Not ashamed in the slightest, why would I?

What's the difference between Hippos dive and Cardles actions ?

None, he feels the need to roll about holding his face when being kicked by 5ft 2in Sibbald....

Its an embarrassment

None, he feels the need to roll about holding his face when being kicked by 5ft 2in Sibbald....
Its an embarrassment

Strong amount of hyperbole there, just because Sibbald looked like a lil bitch time and time again when faced with Williamson doesn't mean he was only 5ft 2, I'm sure he's actually about 5ft 10 inch of pure and utter Luton rejection.

Falkirk fans didn't feel any shame after the Hippolyte drama or the Muirhead? dive in the playoffs, nor do fans feel a burning shame when players steal yards at throw ins, it happens.

The difference in this instance would be that regardless of the actions of Cardle it was still a red card offence against him, whereas with Hippolyte he fabricated a foul out of nothing.

And even if Cardle had rolled and screamed all the way to the Lizzie I'd still be standing smug as can be watching Sibbald run down the tunnel having let his team down, glorious.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Its an embarrassment

Wee p***k deserved the red card. Hawking wee cnut 

7 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The difference is the FFC staff are bilin' at our own players, not seething over some real or perceived injustice from the officials/opposition.

That sense of injustice spurred us on though. Look at how we started yesterday - that was a team with a chip on their shoulder and a point to prove. It worked for AJ in League One too (after Ayr beat us in the first fixture). Houston did take yesterday with good grace and it was interesting hearing him repeatedly mentioning his annoyance at the gulf between his players' talk in the dressing room and performance on the pitch (audio interview on Dunfermline's website). He's the manager so it's a bit odd criticising his players for thinking they just had to turn up to win before the game seeing as he's in charge of them and responsible for setting the tone.

6 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

First half was tremendous though. Cardle has found another gear and is enjoying possibly some of the best football of his career.

Missing out on Paul McMullan was a huge blessing in disguise. It has given Williamson and Cardle the chance to step up and both have improved the team. 

Decent 3 points. Not to rub it in too much but Falkirk were shocking yesterday. I'm pretty disappointed the pars didn't score more. The whole Falkirk midfield were rank and their defence didn't look like they could match a runner. Houston is pretty raging in the post match interview (below). Also that's the second worst Falkirk support I have seen at eep. I assume it's because most fans seen the result coming?

To say a tackle from behind is "not in itself a red card offence", is nonsense.

No it isn't. It's 100% correct.

It needs to meet the other conditions in the law, e.g. using excessive force.

Just watched Houston's interview. In the past I've criticised him for always trying to deflect blame onto someone else. For example, he's often used refereeing decisions as an excuse for a defeat.

Yesterday, he was clearly hurting, and was completely honest in his interview. However, this almost reminds me a bit of the John Hughes interview last season. He sounds desperate, he sounds like he's struggling to get the players to perform for him. He's pretty much saying that this 'action' being taken is his last resort.

I was surprised by Falkirk yesterday. Last season, they got everything right in these matches. We were outplayed, our midfield and defence were constantly overrun. Yesterday, it was the opposite. We started off at great pace, cutting through them with ease. If young Callum Smith had scored, rather than hit the post, it could have gone on to be a hammering. Unfortunately, we took our foot off the gas against 9 men. Let's be clear though, they will not play that poorly against us again this season.

For us, I thought Williamson was excellent. Nat wasn't great, but put in his best performance against Falkirk. Shiels was all over the park. Cardle kept up his great form. The 2 strikers we started with were excellent. It's easy to forget that Smith is only 17! McManus took his goal well and was a handful all afternoon, i thought. Had another disallowed - despite looking to be in line with/behind the ball, will need to see that again.

Don't want to get drawn into discussing Falkirk players, would rather focus on our performance. But I'd have been livid at Sibbald/Miller. Such needless red cards. With their experience, there's no excuse for that indiscipline. Your young left back looks a great player, by the way. Struggled defensively, with Williamson when he overlapped, but that was largely down to getting no support and having to deal with 2 players. Muirhead playing everyone inside for the whole of the first half was bizarre from him. Cost you 2 goals and should have been a 3rd when Smith hit the post. Wasn't surprised at all, to see him taken off at half time.

Fair play to Falkirk, those are two good red cards. No pathetic shirt tugging, or handbags. Actual lashing out. Credit where credit's due.

Always enjoy listening to club's own brand commentary of defeats too. *Callum Morris mistimes a tackle in midfield* "THAT'S A LEG BREAKER"

Decent 3 points. Not to rub it in too much but Falkirk were shocking yesterday. I'm pretty disappointed the pars didn't score more. The whole Falkirk midfield were rank and their defence didn't look like they could match a runner. Houston is pretty raging in the post match interview (below). Also that's the second worst Falkirk support I have seen at eep. I assume it's because most fans seen the result coming?

His analysis of the way the game went was spot on. The lack of using the name "Dunfermline" and replacing with "they" ...well I found delightful rather than disrespectful.

Double training sessions, no days off. Having to rewatch getting pumped by your not rivals. Being told your place in the team not safe. Excellent to hear about the repercussions. (Insert pleasing meme here)

It will either sort it out and Falkirk will become a force, or there'll be mutiny and Houston will be someone's number two by December.

Archived