"It's not a rivalry, honest" Dunfermline vs Falkirk 19th Aug

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

Dunfermline seem to be very confident. I think that the ICT result says more about them than Dunfermline TBH. They like us struggled v Livingston which tells me more about the relative abilities of both sides.

They have to beat us sometime I guess, but as we have a fans forum the week after our Board always get a result that gets them out of the shit

So far this season, the Pars have hit the back of the net an incredible 31 times! In general play, we have scored 19 with another 12 coming in penalty shoot outs. Don't underestimate us. Even with our second string attack on the field last Saturday - Nicky Clark and Declan McManus were out - we scored five against ICT and with the rub of the green we probably could have had another three. That said, I think you guys might be up for a game, so I am forecasting us only winning 3-0.

:)

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

In the last 10 competitive games at East End we've scored at least five goals on four occasions. We need to install a giant abacus to keep track of all the goals. 

You surely aren't including the league cup group matches as competitive fixtures. Their overblown friendlies that even we looked good in.

sadly again I'm not confident about this. pars scoring for fun, at home and we aren't playing well. not sure is sibbald will play and loy is fit. will Houston play Kerr taiwo together again? I suspect so. Muirhead being back should give the defence a bit more balance. our main hope is hippo again if he turns up we might have a chance

Scoring goals isn't going to be issue tbh. Looking at the ties which are comparable to this Falkirk side (and ones that didn't involve a brown envelope)  we've scored 6 against Elgin, 9 against East Fife and 5 against Peterhead, ICT and Hearts. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Scoring goals isn't going to be issue tbh. Looking at the ties which are comparable to this Falkirk side we've scored 6 against Elgin, 9 against East Fife and 5 against Peterhead, ICT and Hearts. 

Did you just refer to a 0-0 draw then penalties win against a part time outift as you's scoring 9 goals, oaft.

I usually look forward to attending these games. Couple of pints in the Elizabethan then up to the ground.
Not looking forward to this though and really can't see us getting anything from it.

Don't worry, you're winning this one 2-1.
Did you just refer to a 0-0 draw then penalties win against a part time outift as you's scoring 9 goals, oaft.

Oaft indeed.

5 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Both teams to score is an absolute banker.

Only time we've failed to score in a home game this year was against the mighty Ayr United. 

If I remember right, Falkirk had the second best away record in the league last season (just ahead of Pars and behind Hibs). In that last game the quality on the bench from Falkirk was just too much for our makeshift defence/keeper. 

Definitely potential for a bit of heads-gone from us. Cardle and/or Higgy are the two I'd worry about getting overenthusiastic. 

It's a sign of confidence in the three available strikers we have that nobody is worrying about Nicky Clark being out. 

Archived