"It's not a rivalry, honest" Dunfermline vs Falkirk 19th Aug

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Discussion about football > crappy in jokes and pandering for green dots

Looks like I can add the Dunfermline fans to my YDKSAF list.

I can only go on what I saw of Falkirk last time out. The tactic appeared to be to hoof it diagonally towards the corner flags then get high balls pumped into our box. It worked once we lost our main centre back and had to bring on our terrible (now thankfully former) backup keeper so well done to Houston.

The in-depth analysis of potential lineups and tactics by Falkirk fans seems at odds with a manager who appears to be what we could charitably call old school. No such worries for us as we simply play the same 11 each week and occasionally change a striker if we have a spare one fit.

One of our biggest stumbling blocks last time out against Falkirk was the dodgy surface (maybe I'm being unkind to Houston and the aerial approach was down to him realising our surface wasn't conducive to slick football). We had a number of good counter attacks break down due to dodgy bobbles getting the ball stuck under players' feet or sending simple passes astray or causing poor David Hopkirk to fall over in a way that looked a bit like a dive. 16 goals in our first three competitive games in the new surface may point to it being money well spent.

Higgy vs. some diddy left back, I'd be shitting it if I was a dirty Falkirk bassa. Lucky if you escape EEP conceding less than 4 these days. Hopefully big Nat goes through Hippo as well, I'm still not over it.

24 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I can only go on what I saw of Falkirk last time out. The tactic appeared to be to hoof it diagonally towards the corner flags then get high balls pumped into our box. It worked once we lost our main centre back and had to bring on our terrible (now thankfully former) backup keeper so well done to Houston.

The in-depth analysis of potential lineups and tactics by Falkirk fans seems at odds with a manager who appears to be what we could charitably call old school. No such worries for us as we simply play the same 11 each week and occasionally change a striker if we have a spare one fit.

One of our biggest stumbling blocks last time out against Falkirk was the dodgy surface (maybe I'm being unkind to Houston and the aerial approach was down to him realising our surface wasn't conducive to slick football). We had a number of good counter attacks break down due to dodgy bobbles getting the ball stuck under players' feet or sending simple passes astray or causing poor David Hopkirk to fall over in a way that looked a bit like a dive. 16 goals in our first three competitive games in the new surface may point to it being money well spent.

So what was the excuse for getting utterly pumped at our place twice on a bowling green of a pitch? The pars were easily one of the worst sides to Grace tfs all last season.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So what was the excuse for getting utterly pumped at our place twice on a bowling green of a pitch? The pars were easily one of the worst sides to Grace tfs all last season.

Diddy plastic pitch, shouldn't be allowed

36 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What excuses? We were rubbish and you've got a number of better players.

Game hinges on our left hand side of defence or Houston's team selection.

If we go a 4-5-1 or similar ilk, we will struggle and if Cardle is down the right and Gallacher hasn't stepped up a gear, then I expect a defeat tbh on the latter.

Houston won't play 3 at the back tho don't think it would help as our centre halves ain't mobile enough dealing with problems wide. 

If possible, I'd have Taiwo protecting Gallacher, which takes him out of a central role, which is maybe why we might see 5 in midfield, Houston will either go attacking or defensive.... I'll guess the latter

Game hinges on our left hand side of defence or Houston's team selection.
If we go a 4-5-1 or similar ilk, we will struggle and if Cardle is down the right and Gallacher hasn't stepped up a gear, then I expect a defeat tbh on the latter.
Houston won't play 3 at the back tho don't think it would help as our centre halves ain't mobile enough dealing with problems wide. 
If possible, I'd have Taiwo protecting Gallacher, which takes him out of a central role, which is maybe why we might see 5 in midfield, Houston will either go attacking or defensive.... I'll guess the latter

Cardle will most definitely play on the left, I'm equally sure Higgy will be on the right. In fact, we'll probably line up the same as yesterday, with the only exception perhaps being McManus in for Smith or Hopkirk.

Gallacher isnt getting done for pace by Higgy, and Aero will be back to put Cardle into row Z with a flying elbow-butt. Shouldnt have any problems keeping a clean sheet here.

2-2.

Gallacher is more likely to be done for pace by Williamson on the overlap.

6 hours ago, smpar said:

Cardle will most definitely play on the left, I'm equally sure Higgy will be on the right. In fact, we'll probably line up the same as yesterday, with the only exception perhaps being McManus in for Smith or Hopkirk.

Pleasing as Higgy will lose the plot, an ex colleague on Radio Scotland summed him up, a lot of talent but will fall out with his shadow 

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Gallacher isnt getting done for pace by Higgy, and Aero will be back to put Cardle into row Z with a flying elbow-butt. Shouldnt have any problems keeping a clean sheet here.

2-2.

Its not pace the concern, more know how

Archived