"It's not a rivalry, honest" Dunfermline vs Falkirk 19th Aug

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've looked shit so far.

Sibbs will be back next week as will Muirhead. The way both teams have started should be a home win but it's Dunfermline v Falkirk and form has f**k all to do with it.

2-1 Bairns and a dodgy ref decision involving Hippo would be beautiful.

I don't think we're far away if we play the correct team. Left back is an obvious weakness at the moment but we improved massively when we went with Taiwo and McKee in the middle today with Kerr coming off the park being the main factor there. Would like to see Sibbald in for Kerr with Muirhead back at right back. We could either stick Sibbs on the left with Hippo on the right, or just slot Sibbs in directly for Kerr in the centre of midfield.

I don't think we're far away if we play the correct team. Left back is an obvious weakness at the moment but we improved massively when we went with Taiwo and McKee in the middle today with Kerr coming off the park being the main factor there. Would like to see Sibbald in for Kerr with Muirhead back at right back. We could either stick Sibbs on the left with Hippo on the right, or just slot Sibbs in directly for Kerr in the centre of midfield.

Is Muirhead back or still another game left on his suspension?

Thomson

Muirhead
Watson
Grant

Harris
McKee
Taiwo
Hippolyte

Sibbald

Austin
O'Hara

Mitchell, Gasparotto, Harris, Kerr, Loy, Gallacher, Miller

Obviously not going to happen and probably is too attacking but with our problems at full-back I think that would be the best way to solve it at the moment.

I'd bench Loy, Kerr, McKee and Watson from today's team and bring in Muirhead, Harris, Sibbald and maybe O'Hara.
If both Sibbs and Loy are fully fit then they should play but I'm not sure that the latter is.

This will definitely be controversial but Watson is our best centre-back at the moment and has been for a good few months imo. It should be him with one of the other 2.

Peter Grant has regressed massively since he came back from injury.

Would bring in McManus for Hopkirk tbh. Need someone like him for a game like this. Hopkirk did well today, but he's weak as piss. Need McManus to compliment Smith by chasing and fighting for everything in the final third.

Apart from that, I'd keep the same team. Shiels looks like a player that's going to make the difference from finishing top 4 and finishing in mid-table obscurity.

I'd expect the usual from Falkirk. Cheating b*****ds etc.

3-1 home win.

37 minutes ago, Russ said:

Thomson

Muirhead
Watson
Grant

Harris
McKee
Taiwo
Hippolyte

Sibbald

Austin
O'Hara

Mitchell, Gasparotto, Harris, Kerr, Loy, Gallacher, Miller

Obviously not going to happen and probably is too attacking but with our problems at full-back I think that would be the best way to solve it at the moment.

This will definitely be controversial but Watson is our best centre-back at the moment and has been for a good few months imo. It should be him with one of the other 2.

Peter Grant has regressed massively since he came back from injury.

Your wingbacks need to be able to tackle though or we'll get ripped a new one on both flanks.  If loys fully fit he has to play but if not then ohara is worth a punt.

Trying too hard, its still a week to go.

Try and suck us in slowly over the coming days. I am particularly vulnerable on Wednesdays.

If you're not fragile on a Sunday, you're not living life.

Archived