Top of the League Thread

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't see us being top again, certainly if we continue to play like we have been.

Enjoy Montrose, can honestly see you lot winning it.
Peterhead will 100% win the league now.
Make up yer mind

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Peterhead were going to piss the league all along only the delusional thought otherwise.

@Aberdeen Cowden

A wee bit harsh. We genuinely had some poor performances the first few weeks of the league and trouble with home games along with some worrying injury problems. Now the squad has settled though it is looking a lot better for us.

So when we get beat next thats the next team you will be tipping as league winners

I was originally going by what I had seen. Montrose were better against us than you lot were, so I tipped them.

Then you go and pump them and my opinion changed. Doubt my opinion will change now unless we start beating teams again.

Just a wee question for Peterhead fans. You are by far the best team in the division at present - fair play to you but what I'm wondering is how come you were bad enough to get relegated last season and be so good right now? What's changed? Is it because the standard in L2 is so much worse?

9 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

Just a wee question for Peterhead fans. You are by far the best team in the division at present - fair play to you but what I'm wondering is how come you were bad enough to get relegated last season and be so good right now? What's changed? Is it because the standard in L2 is so much worse?

Last season we tried to defend with hardly any defenders in the squad, midfielders were played instead also after a number of very good seasons our goalkeeper became a bit of a liability & cost us quite a few goals. The longer the season went on it became apparent we were not too good to be relegated & eventually were. The board stuck with the manager who eventually had an overdue clear-out of players who had maybe become a bit stale, the players brought in have started to gel now & are in the main proving to be quality players. We probably signed around 10 new players & unusually none have been taken on loan which is possibly a good thing, sometimes you can get quality that is above this league standard but there is always the worry that loanee s are possibly not 100% committed to clubs that they are just passing through

Just a personal opinion but if we played the team we had that won League 2 last season in League 1 this year I reckon we’d really be struggling.

We’ve added some real quality and every game is still tough. Raith and Ayr in particular are very good sides and would be running up some scary score lines in some League 2 fixtures IMO.

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just a personal opinion but if we played the team we had that won League 2 last season in League 1 this year I reckon we’d really be struggling.

We’ve added some real quality and every game is still tough. Raith and Ayr in particular are very good sides and would be running up some scary score lines in some League 2 fixtures IMO.

Sorry, already claimed Ayr away in the Cup. We clusterfunked against Peterhead but we're okay now.

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I agree with this. I was shocked at the jump after pretty much strolling League 2  last time we were promoted, also  Stirling Albion came up with us and went straight back down. It is a tough league and the last few seasons there have been decent teams in there like Ayr, Pars, Livi etc.

36 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Come on now. Are you seriously saying that teams in league 1 are better than the teams in the league below? 

This is why I love P&B. Proper debate and discussion. 

Come on now. Are you seriously saying that teams in league 1 are better than the teams in the league below? 
This is why I love P&B. Proper debate and discussion. 

I just answered the guys question.

As for the cup results, they were 2 of the best teams in League 2 in fairness but upset cup results happen all the time. I’ll talk about Arbroath being better than Barcelona for my whole life considering we got a draw at Parkhead just 2 weeks after Messi and co were beaten 2-1. [emoji12]

Peterhead on paper look very good by the way sure they’d be fine in League 1 this season and up in about the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...

Just popping in to fluff up the cushions, since no Montrose supporters want to park up in here! Are we scared we jinx it?!

Hoping we can capitalise on the chance to increase the gap again while Peterhead are otherwise engaged this weekend. 

Archived