Top of the League Thread

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This top of the league feeling is kinda nice. 

As an aside, this is now officially the best start to a season the Albion have made. In all our 72 year history, we've never won our opening 4 league games before. Nice one. 

1 hour ago, StewartyMac said:

This top of the league feeling is kinda nice. 

As an aside, this is now officially the best start to a season the Albion have made. In all our 72 year history, we've never won our opening 4 league games before. Nice one. 

I read in the Observer article that we won 5 in a row in 04/05. Is that incorrect?

17 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Shame we're top emoji41.png

No. There's no shame, you's played very well for 30 minutes yesterday, probably deserve to be top after 4 games.

Just enjoy it as long as it lasts, that's all....

No. There's no shame, you's played very well for 30 minutes yesterday, probably deserve to be top after 4 games.
Just enjoy it as long as it lasts, that's all....

Praying we keep this form up, for the first time in about 7 years we actually look like we have a good team and a good manager.

On 27/08/2017 at 19:20, Tenkay said:

From what I've seen so far this season, Montrose look the most impressive.....Just saying...as a neutral.

I'd agree with this actually, they bossed us in the cup game. They look to have a team of big, physical players who move the ball about well. They maybe don't have our explosive pace up front, but they look a solid unit. Falkirk aside, they've looked the best opponents we've faced so far, even if we did have a few key players out. 

Just a couple of things from above. Actually we left a few key players out as well for the Stirling game.

And, whilst I agree it's much too early to talk about a title fight it is quite right to get into that sort of mentality. No good saying 'if only' come next April - if you are serious about a title challenge then these early games are every bit as important as those in April especially with both the injury and suspensions season still to come.

Anyway I'm sure there will be other challengers along soon but meanwhile Binos and Mo fans should enjoy the sunshine.

Just a couple of things from above. Actually we left a few key players out as well for the Stirling game.
And, whilst I agree it's much too early to talk about a title fight it is quite right to get into that sort of mentality. No good saying 'if only' come next April - if you are serious about a title challenge then these early games are every bit as important as those in April especially with both the injury and suspensions season still to come.
Anyway I'm sure there will be other challengers along soon but meanwhile Binos and Mo fans should enjoy the sunshine.

100%.... If in April we are in the same position I'd be over the moon. Long season can't count stenny out either this season they will their or their about.

Archived