Top of the League Thread

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/04/2018 at 16:50, endieinreekie said:

Stop your mind games!! You won't trick us into thinking it's all done.

Remember to take the champagne with you to Stenhousemuir this week. A win for the Mo plus a draw or defeat for us at Elgin and you can celebrate as champions. Moet from Morrisons for Montrose seems appropriate.

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Moet--Chandon-Imperial-Brut-Champagne/209724011?from=search&tags=|105651&param=moet&parentContainer=SEARCHmoet

8 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Remember to take the champagne with you to Stenhousemuir this week. A win for the Mo plus a draw or defeat for us at Elgin and you can celebrate as champions. Moet from Morrisons for Montrose seems appropriate.

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Moet--Chandon-Imperial-Brut-Champagne/209724011?from=search&tags=|105651&param=moet&parentContainer=SEARCHmoet

Enough!!

Haha mind games!!

3 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

thats-plenty-792059.png

I deal with one of the Peterhead players thru business, and he's repeatedly saying for weeks that he thinks The Mo will take it.... then the wee shite goes n scores!

Talk about mind games!

I'm on edge here! 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If you think it’s bad now just think how you will feel on the 28th when Peterhead are winning, you are 0-0, there’s 25 minutes to play and Elgin get a corner. emoji6.png

P1ss off Nostradamus! You know the rest and how much Lewis Milne gets for the match ball on eBay!

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If you think it’s bad now just think how you will feel on the 28th when Peterhead are winning, you are 0-0, there’s 25 minutes to play and Elgin get a corner. emoji6.png

Peterhead will wait til the eightyarsed minute to score, as they are prone to do!

Elgin likely to play a big part in all this because apart from their last two games being against Peterhead and Montrose they may need the points themselves to try and get in the play-offs. You could say if they don't win against Peterhead this Saturday then they might have nowt to play for against Montrose the last game - but football doesn't work like that!

Lets all get Stenny v Mo and Elgin v Peterhead out of the way first then see where we are.

Don’t start, please

Annan were winning 3-2 with 89 minutes on the clock last season, Forfar needed 2 goals and I was still a mess. I actually went to the toilet in the second half at about 80 odd minutes and just sat in a cubicle for 5 minutes looking at everything but the scores because I couldn’t face it. Absolute embarrassment.

That moment when Annan went 4-2 up though will never be forgotten.

Annan were winning 3-2 with 89 minutes on the clock last season, Forfar needed 2 goals and I was still a mess. I actually went to the toilet in the second half at about 80 odd minutes and just sat in a cubicle for 5 minutes looking at everything but the scores because I couldn’t face it. Absolute embarrassment.

That moment when Annan went 4-2 up though will never be forgotten.

I remember you lot celebrating Annan scoring a good 10 minutes after it happened. :lol:

35 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Looking at the league table here, we are on 76 points while Peterhead are on 73. Last year Arbroath won it with 66 points, the year before East Fife won with 62.

Whatever happens tomorrow, the Mo and Peterhead can hold their heads high on creating an exciting finale to the season.

Low seventies is usually enough to win it. East Fife's total is usually a play off spot. Might be the lowest mark for a league winner.

Archived