Sat 12th Aug 2017. Goals, & gossip.

Larky55

Tayport 3-2 Dunbar.

Tayport took the lead with a large hint of offside but with no assistant refs available it is a tough task. Rest of first half was all Dunbar, hit post from free kick and then eventually scored, 1-1 at break.

Sublime free kick gave the visitors the lead in the second half but then they seemed to fade, big penalty shout for tayport was turned down but two innocuous looking  balls into the box caused havoc in the dunbar defence, first one was scrambled in and then another won it with minutes to spare.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes sense now, don't expect much more.

What did you think of the game?

Wasn't the best Derby to be honest. Don't remember too many 0v0 between us in recent years.

Kevin Adam probably should have scored one for you guys but blasted over a couple of times. McTernan looked lively for us and best goal threat from him or corner or free kick but didn't threaten too much. Draw much better result for Vics than Meadow. Vic's should be aiming for top 3 and promotion this season I reckon.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

St Rochs 2 (Naismith 11, Maguire 49)
Petershill 5 (Gold 8, Ketterer 31, 48 OG 42, McManus 65)

really good game I thought. Excellent crowd as well.

I mentioned it on the other thread as well but who cares about repetition when it involves one of the greatest living humans - Bertie Auld - being at the game.

Cracking wee guy and was right into the match. Is he a regular there? 

The Gow 1 Lanark 1

We played better today. More shape to the team. Helped having Ronan Kearney back. Gow went 1 up shortly after half time with a goal that looked substantially offside. Lanark equalised with about 7 minutes remaining but played out the last 5 plus injury with 10 men when our debutant striker was shown a 2nd yellow.

Our keeper Gareth Halford had another excellent game and certainly kept us in it but I didn't think that there was not much between the teams outfield play.

1 hour ago, superpollok said:

6-2 win (Rob Roy)

Rossvale were very poor, their goalkeeper was sent off early in the 2nd half after complaining to the ref when he failed to save a penalty. (Himself, not the Ref)

Its very tight at the top of this section now; Rob Roy, Cumbernauld, Kilsyth all on 6 points with same +2 GD.

Its all down to wednesday evening now with advantage Kilsyth I reckon, provided we can win by a bigger margin than winners of Cumbernauld/Rob Roy game.

Whitburn 2 Glenrothes 0, a sending off each. I managed not to see those incidents. The park is coming along well down the nearside, with a new seated stand. Pitch could be better, but I understand you can't do everything at once.

For the second week in a row, after Harthill, the 2nd half was set to music. Am I being stalked by a flute band, or is this some kind of sponsored orange walk right through West Lothian?

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

really good game I thought. Excellent crowd as well.

I mentioned it on the other thread as well but who cares about repetition when it involves one of the greatest living humans - Bertie Auld - being at the game.

Cracking wee guy and was right into the match. Is he a regular there? 

Was a cracking derby today. Thought big Ketterer at the back was solid throughout(No.3) and who would ever have thought he would score 1 never mind 2. Sure that's his first ever goals for peasy. Could've been a hat trick but for a good penalty save by Stark. 

10 minutes ago, onemanwolfpack said:

Was a cracking derby today. Thought big Ketterer at the back was solid throughout(No.3) and who would ever have thought he would score 1 never mind 2. Sure that's his first ever goals for peasy. Could've been a hat trick but for a good penalty save by Stark. 

The Roch keeper was unlucky with the 1st penalty, a slightly firmer hand and it was safely out for a corner.

I was at the opposite end but he was arguably lucky when he put the Peasy player on his arse before the 2nd. Could have been a red there but he composed himself and saved it really well. 

One another point, I don't often go to Junior games outwith the top division but that was really decent today. Every attempt was made to play the ball on the ground, some of the tackling was meaty but not overly so and it was mainly played in a good spirit but with that wee edge to it as well, and to give the ref his dues he had a good game considering he had no assistants. he understandably mis-called a couple of offsides but nothing wrong beyond that. 

3 minutes ago, Shanner said:

The Roch keeper was unlucky with the 1st penalty, a slightly firmer hand and it was safely out for a corner.

I was at the opposite end but he was arguably lucky when he put the Peasy player on his arse before the 2nd. Could have been a red there but he composed himself and saved it really well. 

One another point, I don't often go to Junior games outwith the top division but that was really decent today. Every attempt was made to play the ball on the ground, some of the tackling was meaty but not overly so and it was mainly played in a good spirit but with that wee edge to it as well, and to give the ref his dues he had a good game considering he had no assistants. he understandably mis-called a couple of offsides but nothing wrong beyond that. 

Difficult job for the ref but thought he could've controlled it better. Definitely could've been a red for Stark at the second penalty although he was confronted and pushed by McManus his reaction and kick at him was worthy of a red. 

Wasn't the best Derby to be honest. Don't remember too many 0v0 between us in recent years.

Kevin Adam probably should have scored one for you guys but blasted over a couple of times. McTernan looked lively for us and best goal threat from him or corner or free kick but didn't threaten too much. Draw much better result for Vics than Meadow. Vic's should be aiming for top 3 and promotion this season I reckon.

I agree it wasn't the best derby. Kevin was unlucky a couple of times and on another day wouldn't miss the chances he did today.

I thought McTernon was really good as well and the 2 centre halfs never made many mistakes all game.

Promotion definitely has to be the aim this season and get into the new 'Championship'.

Hopefully we'll get a few goals on Marymass Friday.

Difficult job for the ref but thought he could've controlled it better. Definitely could've been a red for Stark at the second penalty although he was confronted and pushed by McManus his reaction and kick at him was worthy of a red. 

Not to mention that the guy who conceded the penalty got away scot free when he should probably have gone off too.

4 hours ago, sixty61 said:

Dalry 0 Largs 3 FT Largs totally outplayed but win 3-0. That's fitba!!!

Was a very scrappy game. Dalry had spells where they were in the game without taking the chances made. That being said Largs went 1 up in the first half with a well created goal.

Inthe second half Largs lost there shape a bit, when YaYa Muiry came on they looked much better. Dalry defence looked good and had a few other young players with pace an skill that caused Largs problems.  I think they will be one of the teams in with a shout in the ADL.

Archived