Ayrshire amateur football

Kaboom

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so long ago they were lording it above everyone else in Ayrshire amateurs.

Thought they were the best and acted as the best.

This is not a cheep shot, more a statement of fact ; they WERE the best team in the county  and perhaps the country for a number of years.

And this was done without the Hamilton pound.

They were not always liked, but they were always respected.

Therein may be a message for the current high flyers because when they eventually fold, no one will miss them.

You well know who I refer to.

The thing about Hamilton is he's actually a thistle fan and is at most games and goes on weekends away with them etc so I can't see it unravelling anytime soon. Just be thankful if ur at a well run club with committed guys as things change very quickly.

Did Glenburn MW yesterday. Impressed by them. Decent players all over the park. Surprised they aren't higher up in league but still early doors. Good lads on the park and sidelines no hassle to ref.

I think they are under new management now, I don't think it will be long before they climb that table, maybe too much damage done to compete for the title tho

• 8 months later...
On 04/09/2017 at 15:09, THEMOLE91 said:

Deluded. Knapp is an excellent player but will never win the league with Lees! Gold, Caldwell, WERE great players but are passed their sell by date and will do well locally but the big trophies are a distant memory. Knapp will get p****d off when these guys retire and stop playing leaving Lees in a perilous position. Hurlford will win league by 10 points from Lees and from 3rd - 12th about 12 points difference.

Really got that one right MOLE.

Scottish champions AGAIN, each and every one of them.  ;):) 

12 hours ago, Cunny said:

Really got that one right MOLE.

Scottish champions AGAIN, each and every one of them.  ;):) 

I hold my hands up James and admit I was 100% incorrect with my predictions. My sincerest apologies and congratulations to you and your team on your success. Also my apologies to Caldwell although he started on the bench so maybe he is finished?

of course that is a JOKE something that is missing on here.....Well done Caldwell as well.

5 hours ago, THEMOLE91 said:

I hold my hands up James and admit I was 100% incorrect with my predictions. My sincerest apologies and congratulations to you and your team on your success. Also my apologies to Caldwell although he started on the bench so maybe he is finished?

of course that is a JOKE something that is missing on here.....Well done Caldwell as well.

Fair Play, to admit your wrong, You now swapping your Blue and Y

ellow for Red and Black lol?

33 minutes ago, s212775 said:

Fair Play, to admit your wrong, You now swapping your Blue and Y

ellow for Red and Black lol?

No never! I will refrain from commenting further in case its used as motivation for the title decider!

Archived