Ayrshire amateur football

Kaboom

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched Thistle v Kilbride. Thistle will have this league wrapped up by Xmas. Kilbride were very good and look a top 4 side but Love and Currie will demolish all in front of them. AAFA should award a trophy for the second place team. 

Watched Thistle v Kilbride. Thistle will have this league wrapped up by Xmas. Kilbride were very good and look a top 4 side but Love and Currie will demolish all in front of them. AAFA should award a trophy for the second place team. 

See any Brown envelopes passing about?

With the money spent at hurlford this season they should have the league wrapped up by xmas. Some unexpected results today, 5-1 to galston was the biggest surprise for me. Cumnock are a decent side having seen them come up the leagues, although it will be a tough job for jamie at the drive. Well done to colville yesterday also with a 7-0 victory in the senior Scottish cup. 

8 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

With the money spent at hurlford this season they should have the league wrapped up by xmas. Some unexpected results today, 5-1 to galston was the biggest surprise for me. Cumnock are a decent side having seen them come up the leagues, although it will be a tough job for jamie at the drive. Well done to colville yesterday also with a 7-0 victory in the senior Scottish cup. 

Hurlford Thistle will walk the league this year and I can see it being a record points total if am honest. I was at the Galston game and they were dominant over Hurlford who to be fair too them did have big players missing. That being said galston seemed hungrier and more up for the game and score could have been greater. When Hurlford are at full strength i don't fear for them at all and Galston could be a surprise package this year but it's Hurlford Thistle's title easily 

23 minutes ago, CD 1972 said:

With the money spent they should be clean sweeping everything. They have a squad able to compete in the super jnr league never mind amatuer premier!! If they don't then the gaffers should get the bullet!

Agreed. Didn't they put 11 or 12 past Ardeer juniors and the hurlford junior side couldn't even match that? Light years ahead of anything in Ayrshire amateur football 

They beat ardeer jnrs 10-1. They were shy on numbers yesterday with injuries and suspensions but obviously still had enough to get the job done convincingly. Their test will be in the latter stages of the majors or depending who they draw in the earlier rounds. If it weren't for the gaffers making a c**t of it last season and playing Mullen middle of the park v south side then they could have arguably reached the final last season.

1 hour ago, BingeDrinker said:

Hurlford Thistle will walk the league this year and I can see it being a record points total if am honest. I was at the Galston game and they were dominant over Hurlford who to be fair too them did have big players missing. That being said galston seemed hungrier and more up for the game and score could have been greater. When Hurlford are at full strength i don't fear for them at all and Galston could be a surprise package this year but it's Hurlford Thistle's title easily 

I watched Galston v New Farm , and I know it's pre-season but they capitulated. The surprise could be Galston staying in the premier as they were very poor. 

Tough opening game for us yesterday against Hurlford Thistle. They have strengthened from last year and look good. Some of the signings will do very well for them. Rory Campbell flying under the radar with the lads upfront getting a lot of attention (rightly so because they're top drawer) but rory will be a brilliant signing for Hurlford. He'll be giving license and he'll destroy teams, especially at St Joes.

As for us, we never really got going yesterday and lost soft goals. The boys worked their socks off for each other and at 2-1 we thought we might've been able to sneak an equaliser but Hurlford got the next 2 goals and a well deserved victory for them.

Onto the West Kilbride Derby for us against our friends West Kilbride Amateurs on Monday night now. That will be a real hard game again but one we're looking forward to.

i said goodbye to this  site. last year never went near it  for the last 3 months.. ..but by chance was down seeing my mate  yesterday and he said  thistle are playing over at the park   ..well went over  and what did i see  .((LOVE )) playing for thistle.. could not beleive it,   ..and love and co. in a thistle strip.  i know what love was on a week, because a mate played with him last year 1 phone call and  i now know what he is suppose to be on. .i just hope hurlford win every game score 300 goals and  jump about  there pub ..with mr hamilton.... it is now not ..big jock  knew..it  is ayrshire  a.f.a. .know  but  do nothing about it.. the other 11 teams are  fighting for second place  against a team that could challenge  talbot and  the rest  for the junior  league..  p.s they will win it all scottish west and  all in ayrshire..not bad for a team that plays with there mates...shame on ayrshire afa..

4 hours ago, Kaboom said:

Poor performance from us yesterday. Missing players yes but will never use that as an excuse. Galston thoroughly deserved their victory and a big wake up call for us. We should have been 3 up in opening ten minutes, didn't convert, then galston took the lead, grew in confidence and went on to win convincingly in the end.

We'll pick ourselves up and go again tomorrow night against a really good Cumnock side. This season is a huge learning curve for us and we look forward to each challenge 

47 minutes ago, das scooter boy said:

£60k Budget im hearing 

Getting boring!! Embarrasing for Thistle players to keep winning under false pretences. 

We all know they cheat and are just in it for the cash. 

They wont even represent the county incase they get injured an canny earn their cash. 

2nd place wins the league in Ayrshire. Hurlford can do what they do. Means fook all to keep buying a winners medal. 

Big deal!!!

5 hours ago, Sean Kenney said:

Tough opening game for us yesterday against Hurlford Thistle. They have strengthened from last year and look good. Some of the signings will do very well for them. Rory Campbell flying under the radar with the lads upfront getting a lot of attention (rightly so because they're top drawer) but rory will be a brilliant signing for Hurlford. He'll be giving license and he'll destroy teams, especially at St Joes.

As for us, we never really got going yesterday and lost soft goals. The boys worked their socks off for each other and at 2-1 we thought we might've been able to sneak an equaliser but Hurlford got the next 2 goals and a well deserved victory for them.

Onto the West Kilbride Derby for us against our friends West Kilbride Amateurs on Monday night now. That will be a real hard game again but one we're looking forward to.

Rory is a cracking player, remember him from a few year ago? Take it he went junior as haven't heard of him for a while. 

i said goodbye to this  site. last year never went near it  for the last 3 months.. ..but by chance was down seeing my mate  yesterday and he said  thistle are playing over at the park   ..well went over  and what did i see  .((LOVE )) playing for thistle.. could not beleive it,   ..and love and co. in a thistle strip.  i know what love was on a week, because a mate played with him last year 1 phone call and  i now know what he is suppose to be on. .i just hope hurlford win every game score 300 goals and  jump about  there pub ..with mr hamilton.... it is now not ..big jock  knew..it  is ayrshire  a.f.a. .know  but  do nothing about it.. the other 11 teams are  fighting for second place  against a team that could challenge  talbot and  the rest  for the junior  league..  p.s they will win it all scottish west and  all in ayrshire..not bad for a team that plays with there mates...shame on ayrshire afa..

Nonsense that they will win the Scottish and the West. Played against them a couple of weeks back and yes they are good but I'd fancy Colville to beat them with a bit to spare.

They are nowhere near the team with knapp, gold etc that won it all.

Archived