New West fixtures 23rd September

Sunrise

A whole card of league games have been scheduled for what I'm sure was Scottish Junior Cup day (correct me if I'm wrang) - I assume they'd become the 30th if teams are in the cup?

I wonder when the West will start though, as most of October is taken.

I look forward to ma first visit tae Glencairn for a few years (I'm well again!) and we get an away match to break the run of home ones.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/sjfa/competition_fixtures.cfm?page=1761

Regarding the West Cup - ALL of October is taken.
7th - League fixtures
14th - Quadrangular tournament
21st - League fixtures that should have been played on the 14th
28th - Junior Cup, 2nd Round.

I Would imagine the west of Scotland would be played the 30th September as there's no league fixtures that day I could be wrong though

Is that weekend not September weekend? Usually there's not fixture in years gone by on that weekend.

I'm sure someone posted on the reconstruction thread that as part of the fixture proposal for this season that the September weekend blank Saturdays were scrapped.

23 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I'm sure someone posted on the reconstruction thread that as part of the fixture proposal for this season that the September weekend blank Saturdays were scrapped.

Part of the fixture scheduling motion (carried by 49 votes to 12) was indeed the removal of the September exemptions.

The first part of General Rule 23 now reads:

Clubs shall play fixtures as arranged by the Regional Secretary. Clubs shall not however be compelled to play West Region fixtures on: Saturdays falling 24th, 25th, 26th and 31st December - and also 1st and 2nd January.

(note no mention of September)

Also, for THIS season only:

23(b)For Season 2017/18 the Regional Secretary shall produce a fixture list, by no later than 31st August for the period October to December; by no later than 30th November for the period January to March; and by 28th February for period April to end of season.

Thus far, then, Mr Robertson is just about on schedule ....

Archived