PSJFC v MFC 12.8.17

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the highlights I don't think we can have any complaints about the first two reds as Carson was clearly outside the box when he handled it and McHugh's challenge was reckless especially when already on a booking. The penalty/Dunne red card though is a shocking decision as contact was minimal, though by that time we were well beaten.

So Carson's red card stands and Dunne's red card has been rescinded.

At the game it looked like clear (albeit accidental) contact on Cummins from the view I have in the East Stand. The camera angles are inconclusive though and appreciate that on balance of the evidence they've probably made the right call on both.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

So Carson's red card stands and Dunne's red card has been rescinded.

At the game it looked like clear (albeit accidental) contact on Cummins from the view I have in the East Stand. The camera angles are inconclusive though and appreciate that on balance of the evidence they've probably made the right call on both.

If they're inconclusive, how can a panel sitting in an office overturn a refs decision though. Surely they have to back the ref if, effectively, they can't prove him wrong. 

2 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

If they're inconclusive, how can a panel sitting in an office overturn a refs decision though. Surely they have to back the ref if, effectively, they can't prove him wrong. 

I have no idea. I don't think the tv footage is 100% clear though, and it looked to me from the East Stand that Dunne accidentally clipped Cummins as they crossed paths.

Just now, Kyle said:

I have no idea. I don't think the tv footage is 100% clear though, and it looked to me from the East Stand that Dunne clipped Cummins as they crossed paths accidentally

The Hampden suits are a strange lot. I can only go by tv pics and they didn't show it up as one thing or another. It's not a go at Motherwell but the principle in general. If there's no hard evidence to contradict the ref then the decision must stand imho.

1 minute ago, 7-2 said:

The Hampden suits are a strange lot. I can only go by tv pics and they didn't show it up as one thing or another. It's not a go at Motherwell but the principle in general. If there's no hard evidence to contradict the ref then the decision must stand imho.

Not if the referee admits based on evidence now he'd have made a different decision. 

I have no idea. I don't think the tv footage is 100% clear though, and it looked to me from the East Stand that Dunne accidentally clipped Cummins as they crossed paths.

I think he did clip him, with the absolute minimum of touches. Still, the correct decision as a red was extremely harsh.

Carson one is spot on and can't see why Motherwell even bothered to appeal.

19 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Not if the referee admits based on evidence now he'd have made a different decision. 

That's hard evidence. Has Thomson said he'd got the third card wrong now?

The replays conclusively show Cummins taking an extra couple of steps after the 'contact', flinging his arms in the air, kicking the ground and falling down.

1 minute ago, rambunctious said:

The replays conclusively show Cummins taking an extra couple of steps after the 'contact', flinging his arms in the air, kicking the ground and falling down.

Disagree Rambo. He was clipped and it put him off balance, and one stride later he went down. I think it may have been accidental and probably a yellow card would have done, but I felt it was a foul and a penalty.

4 minutes ago, rambunctious said:

I wouldn't say it's conclusive. Dunne's right leg doesn't exactly follow a natural, unimpeded motion and he catches Cummins with it on the way past. It's not clear from video footage, but from the East Stand you could see the contact. The referee is in a great position to see it as well and gave it without any hesitation. Even allowing for contact, I think Cummins could've gotten a shot away to be honest, but that's another debate altogether.

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Disagree Rambo. He was clipped and it put him off balance, and one stride later he went down. I think it may have been accidental and probably a yellow card would have done, but I felt it was a foul and a penalty.

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I wouldn't say it's conclusive. Dunne's right leg doesn't exactly follow a natural, unimpeded motion and he catches Cummins with it on the way past. It's not clear from video footage, but from the East Stand you could see the contact. The referee is in a great position to see it as well and gave it without any hesitation. Even allowing for contact, I think Cummins could've gotten a shot away to be honest, but that's another debate altogether.

Four confirmed cheats here.

#cheats

3 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Four confirmed cheats here.

#cheats

:)

Your players ken the crack. Watch this, forward to about 4.00 if you can't face going through it all again:  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/40913508

Very little disagreement, and your number 4's reaction says it all. He goes to start appealing, realises there's no case, and turns to stare at Dunne, then simply accepts it and just puts his hands on his head at the sheer futility of life in the bottom six.

Archived