PSJFC v MFC 12.8.17

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Motherwell to be 1-0 for 88 minutes, before May gets three goals in three minutes on his second debut.

Steelmenonline to go into meltdown afterwards about us being cloggers and cheating by having loanees.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Motherwell to be 1-0 for 88 minutes, before May gets three goals in three minutes on his second debut.

Steelmenonline to go into meltdown afterwards about us being cloggers and cheating by having loanees.

Hope your on about MOH. May is not a loan.

I have only ever driven to Mcdairmid Park but I'm getting the train up this weekend. It looks like a bit of a walk from the station to the stadium so the plan was to break up the walk with a few pints on route, Saints fans - any suggestions for decent boozers along the way that we could stop in at?

Onto the game, we had a good result up in Dingwall last night but seem to be carrying a few knocks following the 120 min, however our squad has so much more strength in depth in comparison to last year that hopefully we shouldn't be weakened too much if the likes of Tanner miss out.

A poor result for Saints on Tues but I'm interested to see how O'Halloran and Scougall do for you guys, two very decent signings on paper and I believe we were interested in both over the summer.

A decent chance of a result here for us but as we all know this will finish 2-1 to St J after we open the scoring.

I have only ever driven to Mcdairmid Park but I'm getting the train up this weekend. It looks like a bit of a walk from the station to the stadium so the plan was to break up the walk with a few pints on route, Saints fans - any suggestions for decent boozers along the way that we could stop in at?

Tbh I'd stay in town & get a taxi.

15 minutes ago, dezz said:

Onto the game, we had a good result up in Dingwall last night but seem to be carrying a few knocks following the 120 min, however our squad has so much more strength in depth in comparison to last year that hopefully we shouldn't be weakened too much if the likes of Tanner miss out.

A poor result for Saints on Tues but I'm interested to see how O'Halloran and Scougall do for you guys, two very decent signings on paper and I believe we were interested in both over the summer.

A decent chance of a result here for us but as we all know this will finish 2-1 to St J after we open the scoring.

As Steve said, head into the city centre, if you're walking stop for a pint at the Twa Tams, which is decent, but not got any TVs for watching football. Head to the cinema, within a hundred yards of it are three pubs: Sandemans, the foundry, and christies. Christies is a good bar for the football, foundry not bad, sandemans is huge and usually plenty space if you want a bar lunch. Just a bit on from christies is 44 (used to be the corrina) on Atholl Street.. they've done it up and it's a decent sports bar now.

When thistle come the following week we'll let those tantrum throwing luvvies know that there's also a wine bar round the corner on Kinnoull Street, but they don't do Buckie, so you Motherwell lads will be fine with the pubs mentioned.

The other advantage of this area is outside the cinema is a taxi rank, or bus stop across the road to get you up to McD.  At the ground under the Main Stand is the Muirton Suite which has TVs showing live game, and you get the crack with Saints fans, but I stopped going cos it takes forever to get served!

Hope you have a good day, but your team gets spanked, as you still have the league cup to focus on, so the league is more important to us. :)

Can't say I'm confident about this game. I'm hoping that Chris Millar returns to team this week so we've got someone who can put their foot on the ball and actually play some football rather than a duo of cloggers. Aside from that, I'd like to see Scougall start, probably in place of Alston. Foster has been poor for a while now, but Watson hasn't been near the first team squad in competitive matches and I'm not sure Tommy will be keen to throw Comrie in against Freer.

I'd like to see us line up;

Mannus

Foster Anderson Shaughnessy Easton

Millar Davidson

MOH Scougall Wotherspoon

Maclean

We may have a striker in before this match - seeing as we let one of our three senior options leave on loan :rolleyes: - but I think well have to run with what we've got.

Well to go 1-0 up early, we'll spend the next 70 minutes on the edge of their box without getting any shots on goal, before losing another.

We were pretty decent for the most part last weekend. We were pretty miserable for the most part midweek. I'd be inclined to stick with the 4-2-3-1, but try Spoony right, MOH left and Scougall off Macca for at least part of the match. Hope Wotherspoon can keep up his form over both games though. He created our two best chances midweek and was excellent at Killie.

Archived