Stirling vs Berwick

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't make it up today but from what I've heard from fans at Forthbank we were very unlucky and it was a bit of a smash and grab from Stirling. The quicker we bring in Hendo the better. After this week's injustice I'm confident we will run riot next week.

13 minutes ago, The Voytek said:

Couldn't make it up today but from what I've heard from fans at Forthbank we were very unlucky and it was a bit of a smash and grab from Stirling. The quicker we bring in Hendo the better. After this week's injustice I'm confident we will run riot next week.

31 minutes ago, The Voytek said:

Bless

Fairly straighforward win for Coff's youngsters against this lot.........................

Fairly straightforward right enough.

We absolutely bossed Berwick today, they only had 1 proper chance which Binnie saved well.

Daz's first goal OYF [emoji7][emoji7]

Couldn't make it up today but from what I've heard from fans at Forthbank we were very unlucky and it was a bit of a smash and grab from Stirling.

Haha, that actually made me laugh. Such a pathetic way of a wind up that I did find it funny.

Anyway, a good afternoon at Forthbank where I thought we looked comfortable throughout, but the score probably flatter us.

Berwick were actually not that bad, however they made it easy for us by being sloppy and blasting the ball well over the bar whenever they got near the goals.

Our First Half display was positive and our front 3 of MacDonald, Kavanagh and Smith were running riot. The Berwick back 4 just didn't know how to deal with them, throw in Morrison and Caddis coming from deep and it was only a matter of time before Berwick conceded.

Darren Smith once again had a cracking game, and his 1st goal will stick in his mind for a while, Kavanagh was brilliant chasing the player 40 yards and winning the ball, Smith did the rest and the Berwick keeper stood no chance.

The way the half went, the game was was over at Half Time and Stirling didn't really get out of 2nd gear in the Second Half and didn't really need to.

The back 4 (along with Binnie) looked confident and assured, they were organised and won the audial balls, only really letting Berwick shoot from range.

Andy Black was outstanding in the Centre of Midfield and was something of an unsung hero breaking up the Play and moving the ball on.

There were no failures in red and it confirms that we should be taken serious this season. The players are playing for the manager and they are all playing with a spring in their step and looking good.

Surprised to see that Sean Dickson was n't in the squad today, but I'm guessing he's injured or had something on. Also surprised to see Blair Henderson sitting behind the home dugout, showing that he left the club on good terms.

Another good day at the office, and top of the league after 2 games, long may it continue.

Great result today, cracking first goal from Darren Smith after great play from Ross Kavanagh. Deserved to go in 2-0 up at half time. After scoring our 3rd goal after Ross Kavanagh somehow never gave up on the chance, we took the foot of the pedal and allowed Berwick to get into this game but thanks to some poor finishing we were not punished and the 4th goal we got an og was just the icing on the cake. 

Joint top with Peterhead tonight and can we make it 3 wins in a row next week when we face an Edinburgh City side still looking for their first point of the season, I certainly hope so, happy days at Forthbank. 

4-0 was a little harsh on Berwick but we still were easily the better team all over the park.

Thought Berwick played ok but they do look very young and quiet.  We have a few experienced pros who can put in a tackle, Berwick hardly put in a meaty challenge all game.

Pretty pretty pretty, nice 5-a-side skills from box to box, and "what do I do now?" In either.

Desperately need some experience at either end, and a mindset that you should just get on with it whilst the gaffer is staring at chart 42b.

We threw away the chance of 3 points, a big chunk of goal difference and a large dose of confidence yesterday, learning lessons that were pretty obvious in the first place.

1. You can't play a raw, inexperienced defence. There has to be someone there who has been around the block a few times and in Scullion's absence at least one of Notman or Fairbairn should have started.  Teenagers have no chance of muscling out or bossing opposition forwards. 

2. We need shooting practice. We played some excellent approach football yesterday, but every attack ended with an aimless cross or the most feeble of shots. Smith's first goal screamed in, but we got in similar positions several times and our shots were only likely to trouble the corner flag or a passing seagull.

3. Murrell needs to make runs ahead of Rutherford, rather than setting off 30 yards behind him.

4. McKenna isn't very good.

We can use the match at Kilmarnock to try a few things like 3 at the back or even 3 up front. There are things to like, such as Mcrorie and the quality of our play in midfield, but yesterday we were crap front and back, and really badly managed from the moment the team was selected. Understand why we started with the same team as last week, but it was tactically naive. I guess JC realised that after about 20 minutes 

Archived