Brechin v Livi

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Even with the ref's help you couldn't see us off. f**k sake Livi you lot really are shite. 

Sounds like we were today yep, but still managed to get a point. Still feels like 2 chucked away after being 2-0 up though.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I certainly didn't see that coming at half time. It was the same old story first half where we more or less matched Livi but gave away two sloppy goals. We started defending deeper and deeper as the half went on, certainly no fault of Dods as you could hear him screaming from the touchlines for them to push up.

He must have finally got the message through to the players at half time as second half we were a different team and started having a real go at Livi. Two excellent finishes from Orsi and Graham with good work from Jacko to set both of them up. We looked the most likely to get a winner but Livi had the better of the last 5-10 minutes as we started to look a bit nervy.

Delighted to get off the mark with our first point in the Championship, if we are to avoid being cast adrift then we need to be getting results from fixtures like these and making home advantage count.

Looking forward to Tannadice next week, one of the few grounds I've yet to tick off my list.

3 hours ago, whereismillar said:

How is Mackin doing ?

He's scored a couple of goals but looks awfully sluggish and only seems to have one gear. Maybe it's because our players run about chasing down the ball and he doesn't have the same energy as everyone else that he sticks out so much. Can't say i'm impressed with him.

3 hours ago, Alain_b said:

Any highlights? 

Bet Livi was quite happy at HT!

Actually not as much as you might think.

Yes we were two goals up but the team were well under par and disjointed. Taking into account that you had three golden opportunities I was concerned that two might not be enough. Of course we had a glorious chance at the start of the second half which may have changed things but we muffed it.

Sometimes I really hate being right :(

4 hours ago, Alain_b said:

Any highlights? 

Bet Livi was quite happy at HT!

Nope not really, we played very poor and didn't deserve to be 2-0 up, struggled to play anywhere near as well as we'd been playing. 

Knew if we'd played the same way second half we'd be lucky to win. 

On 15/08/2017 at 01:50, LIVIFOREVER said:

He's scored a couple of goals but looks awfully sluggish and only seems to have one gear. Maybe it's because our players run about chasing down the ball and he doesn't have the same energy as everyone else that he sticks out so much. Can't say i'm impressed with him.

get where you are with him being a bit sluggish, he is a big lad.. knows how to find the net though.

Just now, whereismillar said:

get where you are with him being a bit sluggish, he is a big lad.. knows how to find the net though.

The minute you say/type something about someone they go and have a no bad game.:lol:

He came on last night when Lithgow went off injured and replaced Todorov up front as Toddy dropped back to defence to cover for Lithgow, and held the line quite well. Good hold up play and won a few headers (unfortunately he was all by himself up front so the headers went to Morton players). Still looks slow as feck but at least he did run about chasing the ball down and forced opposition players into making a pass for our midfield to mop up. Maybe being harsh on him because I've been used to Buchanan and Mullen up front and both did a hell of a lot running about.

The minute you say/type something about someone they go and have a no bad game.[emoji38]

He came on last night when Lithgow went off injured and replaced Todorov up front as Toddy dropped back to defence to cover for Lithgow, and held the line quite well. Good hold up play and won a few headers (unfortunately he was all by himself up front so the headers went to Morton players). Still looks slow as feck but at least he did run about chasing the ball down and forced opposition players into making a pass for our midfield to mop up. Maybe being harsh on him because I've been used to Buchanan and Mullen up front and both did a hell of a lot running about.

I thought he was woeful last night.
No energy. No pace and shitebagged out of every 50/50. I want to see a bit more of Peters tbh.

Archived