Big Wheel -vs- Bigger Rock - S6E1

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We always feel our way slowly into games and give teams a chance to settle. More often than not we have to a goal down before we get the finger out.

Against Livie we hardly attached in 120 mins never mind the start.

35 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Basically that summed up David Wilson. Stunning ball for the goal, then all too weak defensively in the lead up to the penalty.

Think I'll just watch that through ball on repeat on SonsTV for the rest of my life though. It looked absolutely sublime from up here.

In the crane ^^^

Did everything bar scoring 2nd half is the only thing you can take from today and that's not a good thing.

Loy not on it, OHara should've been on for him long before he was.

Should've went 3 at the back, a more progressive manager wouldve

That was spectacularly pish. Yet again shite tactics, team selection and substitutions from Houston has cost us.

We probably should have won it at the end, McKee, Hippolyte and Austin all passed up decent chances but at the other end Robbie made a good save from Stewart.

For the first 85 minutes it was boring tippy tappy pish from us and we only really had any urgency about us in the last few minutes which was too little too late. Substitutions were really bizarre 3 straight swaps why not sacrifice a defender and really have a go?

Gasparotto didn't do too badly at right back but clearly he should never be played there again. He certainly wasn't our worst full-back, Gallacher was dreadful again. He's absolutely petrified anytime the ball comes anywhere near him and can't pass the ball away quick enough.

The only player to come out with any pass marks for me is Hippolyte. He did fade in the second half but he was our only player always looking for the ball and looking to get forward with it.

So much for dougie hill being finished at this level.. best defender on the park by a mile!

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. He chucked himself at everything today. A colossal performance. I thought Austin and Hippolyte would cause him all kind of issues, but they really didn't.

Scott Gallacher made another few solid stops too. Should be good for his confidence.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. He chucked himself at everything today. A colossal performance. I thought Austin and Hippolyte would cause him all kind of issues, but they really didn't.

Scott Gallacher made another few solid stops too. Should be good for his confidence.

Correct. Double block about ten minutes from the end sums him up.

We really should've been using Austins pace up against both Hill and Dowie and get them turning. Austin got a penalty against Dowie at QOS last season doing just that but everything was in front of them.

Tbh I didn't think your 'keeper had an awful lot to do today. Few routine saves but we didn't test him enough imo.

Was really impressed with Wilson in midfield as well obviously he played the great ball through for the goal but he used the ball really well.

Absolutely chronic once again. The only lads for me that get pass marks were Taiwo and Hippo. Possibly also Luca considering he done okay out of position. The rest don't look arsed. So laid back when we should've been going for it. There's a team there, Houstons tactics are just absolute shitebaggery of the highest order and it's doing my tits in. Nearly had a heart attack when he took Kerr off mind you.

Archived