match fixing

17 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

5 pages in and the MSM are still playing catch up
There has been plenty of speculation around the Developing Story but at no point does it mention any football club or individual.
Dunfermline felt the need to issue a statement which was very unexpected, mentioning all range of unrelated issues.
The plot thickenings?

Where, in Dunfermline's statement, is Celtic mentioned?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, McQuade said:

Yes, can you imagine if Lawwell had personally called Lennon to come back to Scotland then "sent him" to Hibs on the agreement that he would get his dream job at Celtic the next season...

Then Celtic fuked them 6-1 to win the league

Let's carry on this cute, non-paranoia-inspired hypothetical;

During Celtic's 6-1 win over Neil Lennon's Hibs, the Hibees drew level with a cracking goal and nearly equalised later on, if not for a wonder save from Craig Gordon. However, the match ends 6-1, and a typical heavy defeat that Hibs have suffered several times already this season at the hands of both Celtic and Rangers.

Over at, let's say, Rugby Park, Rangers have gone 5-0 up against Kilmarnock and have the chance to clinch the title with a penalty, but Kenny Miller pelts it over the bar. Rangers could have won the title if not for a simple spot kick. 

But hold on, it's Hibs' fault that Rangers couldn't deservedly win the league title themselves..

7 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What utterly demented rambling!

I don't think that I know better than any legal experts, but I do know that along with virtually everybody, I know much much better than you.

Yours is the narrow little mind of the fundamentalist.  You seem incapable of seeing the distinctions, subtleties and nuances that can exist across things.  Your mind is only capable of classing all the things you see as hostile to Rangers as identical.  That's what allows you to dismiss them all without engaging with the actual facts.

Even our governing bodies have recognised (given the process pursued) that calls for title stripping carried much more weight than this match fixing nonsense, but no, for you it's all one and the same.

You've not even read my post properly before going off on one.  In it I'm not even making a different call from the "legal experts" on player registration.  I'm just saying that it was a stronger case than the latest rubbish.  You however cannot handle even that self evident truth.

We just get treated to laughable crap from this forum's leading moon howler.

Telt.

Let's carry on this cute, non-paranoia-inspired hypothetical;

During Celtic's 6-1 win over Neil Lennon's Hibs, the Hibees drew level with a cracking goal and nearly equalised later on, if not for a wonder save from Craig Gordon. However, the match ends 6-1, and a typical heavy defeat that Hibs have suffered several times already this season at the hands of both Celtic and Rangers.

Over at, let's say, Rugby Park, Rangers have gone 5-0 up against Kilmarnock and have the chance to clinch the title with a penalty, but Kenny Miller pelts it over the bar. Rangers could have won the title if not for a simple spot kick. 

But hold on, it's Hibs' fault that Rangers couldn't deservedly win the league title themselves..

I can't be bothered with the actual debate but want to clear up this myth that Alan Thompson's penalty miss cost us the title. It didn't.

Edit: also just want to point out that "typical heavy defeat" would be irrelevant as proof against match fixing in this hypothetical world. If match fixing happened then it would be reasonable to suggest that match fixing was also the reason behind the other "typical heavy defeats"

21 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The developing story only mentions a east coast club it could be any east coast club why did dunfermline release a statement?

Did you actually read the article in question? It didn't leave any doubt in the minds of anybody with a clue about Scottish football which team it was referring too. 

The developing story only mentions a east coast club it could be any east coast club why did dunfermline release a statement?

How do you know Dunfermline are referring to the torn-faced fud(s) who wrote that original 'statement'?

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Did you actually read the article in question? It didn't leave any doubt in the minds of anybody with a clue about Scottish football which team it was referring too. 

I started this thread the 2 articles were a week apart,the other web site connected the dots,the evidence that was found was giving to the SFA after the 2 articles to stop more articles coming out that's why it was call a developing story

On 08/08/2017 at 22:02, jupe1407 said:

Also, didn't MoN try to get Celtic's ballboys down to Rugby Park so they could use a multi-ball system to maximise time available to score as many as possible? They deserved to lose the title for the sheer arrogance of that. 

It's worse than that: https://www.thefreelibrary.com/FOOTBALL%3A+YOU+MIGHT+HAVE+LOST+MORE+GOALS+MATE%3B+Ex-Celt's+fury+at...-a0102337765

FURIOUS Celtic players accused Gordon Marshall of being a turncoat after they lost the title at Kilmarnock on Sunday. 
Marshall, a former Celt, was slammed at Rugby Park for not helping his old club leapfrog the goals advantage enjoyed by Rangers. 

He was reminded of his background and criticised for not letting it influence his performance as Celtic scored four goals but couldn't get enough to win the league flag.   Sports Record also understands that Kilmarnock and Celtic were at loggerheads in the build-up to the match after the Parkhead side demanded extra ball boys. Martin O'Neill's side wanted to ensure the ball was in play as much as possible to help their goal chase but Killie turned down their request. 

They then received an anonymous letter accusing them of pandering to Rangers. 

The revelations follow Celtic striker Chris Sutton's bitter outburst on Sunday when he accused Dunfermline of lying down to Alex McLeish's men in the 6-1 defeat which took the title to Ibrox. 

Last night Marshall, who was having his last game for the club and was made Kilmarnock's captain for the day, refused to go into specific details of what went on as players clashed in full view of startled match officials and onlookers. 

But he confirmed he had deep regrets over the undignified end to his Rugby Park career. 

Marshall said: "There are some Celtic players who I have no sympathy for. I was annoyed and outraged by some of the stuff that went on. 

On 08/08/2017 at 22:53, edinabear said:

The level of mental that some Celtic fans can reach is utterly terrifying.

13 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

There is an element of the Celtic support who deep down don't believe that Celtic have ever lost a game fairly . 

You are both wrong.  It is neither 'some' nor 'an element'.  It is every last one of them.  They are, to a man, Sevco-obsessed and nurturing a grievance that predates the whole EBT farrago.  To exemplify my view, take the following sad-sack as an example.

12 hours ago, Romeo said:

"out of context" right up there with "my account was hacked"

Did you manage to watch tonight's game?

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You are both wrong.  It is neither 'some' nor 'an element'.  It is every last one of them.  They are, to a man, Sevco-obsessed and nurturing a grievance that predates the whole EBT farrago.  To exemplify my view, take the following sad-sack as an example.

Did you manage to watch tonight's game?

No, watched the Dundee derby.

Thanks for sitting there in a drunk stupor thinking of me though, touching.

19 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yet you still asked how you could watch The Rangers.  Cute.

I know how to watch it.

I asked if it was being televised.

Still, just you continue making a complete arse of yourself.

16 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I know how to watch it.

Still, just you continue making a complete arse of yourself.

I do have a slight admiration for him truth be told.  It takes some front for a drunken tramp with anger issues to portray himself as anything but.

Just now, TheCelt67 said:

I do have a slight admiration for him truth be told.  It takes some front for a drunken tramp with anger issues to portray himself as anything but.

I feel sorry for him and anyone he interacts with. Needs to get professional help imo.

34 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I know how to watch it.

Sellick logic here.  Not that I'm surprised.

17 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

:thumsup2 There's no trope like an old trope.

Archived