Raith Rovers v Stranraer

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if it's just me, but comparing Osei to Tade doesn't seem right and a bit lazy.

Mark Stewart was fast and had a shite touch, as did Lee Bryce, John Martin and even further back Trevor Williamson.

Would our next ginger haired midfielder be compared to McCord, or baldy moustachioed centre half be compared to George McGechie ?

Perhaps Beastie, but I selected Tade because he went on to play Champions league football. Unless I missed something neither Mark Stewart nor any of the rest did. Also add the fact that Osei has the same build this season as Tade had, none of those others did.

Most annoying thing today was the announcer calling Lewis Vaughan "Louis Vaughan".

Is this the new pronunciation?

I was under the impression that almost everyone at the club calls him "Lewy" Vaughan, which is how the announcer is saying it. Pretty sure it's been that way for ages, too.

I was under the impression that almost everyone at the club calls him "Lewy" Vaughan, which is how the announcer is saying it. Pretty sure it's been that way for ages, too.

It has been. It's not just people at the club. The fans as well. I know myself, that if I ever mention him to anybody, it's Lewy Vaughan I say as it rolls off the tongue easier than Lewis. Sounds better as well :lol:

While we're on announcing and such, can we get "Show your appreciation for..." in the bin, please?

If a players put in a good shift then I see no problem with it.

I reckon lennox making that save at 0-0 is what spurred us on yesterday. We used to see it happen when mcgurn made a save like that aswell. I was unsure how lennox would do this season after his injurys but yesterday put my mind at ease. Stranraer are no mugs and if we hadn't went in at ht 1 up I think it would have been much the same for the second half. They opened up which left us space to exploit. Good to see how much it means to the players when they we score aswell.

While we're on announcing and such, can we get "Show your appreciation for..." in the bin, please?

It works fine when you're scooshing a game 3-0, but not so well when someone who's having a stinker gets hauled off when you're 3 down.

Both played fine,remember we were up against from 7-11,Spence,Robertson,Buchanan,Vaughan and Barr who probably could all play at Championship level and Vaughan arguably Premiership.Once Raith scored they played with confidence and that was probably why we needed to hang on to H-T at 0-0.I think Barron has made an excellent start to the season and was probably unlucky not to win mom against East Fife and Hamill adds a wee bit of grit to midfield.The system the Manager has gone with is a good one and we will win plenty of games this season,I think most Raith fans on here were quite impressed with Stranraer,sometimes in football you got to hold your hands up and say they are better than us,yesterday we had the hands up.

I didn't think we played as well as we can and I think that it was down to team selection. Agnew should be in there for Hammil as him and bell are to similar but bell is better and as Much as I like Robertson he is welI off form . I know Raith are a very good team for this league and would be difficult to beat but I still expect us to give a much better account of ourselves than we did yesterday and I personally think that was down to certain players not performing well enough.

Archived