Raith Rovers v Stranraer

He was the epitome of a cult hero for us. On his first game in a Rovers shirt, he burst past two Norwich defenders only to completely fresh air a shot and fall on his arse. He then scored a goal against East Fife when we went from 2-0 down at half time to win 3-2 in the 90th minute.

Then one of the greatest Tade moments, where we went to Aberdeen for a midweek Scottish Cup tie. Everyone had written us off after they got a lucky (offside goal) to force a replay. We had the most makeshift defence with Mark Ferry at left back, Steven Simmons and Grant Murray in the middle, and a flu-ridden Craig Wilson at right back. Jonny Russell (who was on loan at the time) got crunched in the first half. And then somehow we took the lead with Allan Walker ripping Jerel Ifil, before playing it to Tade who managed to literally hit the roof of the net from 1 yard out (if he'd been a yard back, he'd have missed).  

Tade is probably one of my favourite Rovers players ever. Worked his arse off every game, he had defenders bricking it with no idea how to handle his pace. He'd skin players and hit a shot into row z and people would go "ach, it's Tade....". His interviews were legendary too. 

I've probably posted the above about 5 times, but I really don't give a f**k. :wub: 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was the epitome of a cult hero for us. On his first game in a Rovers shirt, he burst past two Norwich defenders only to completely fresh air a shot and fall on his arse. He then scored a goal against East Fife when we went from 2-0 down at half time to win 3-2 in the 90th minute.
Then one of the greatest Tade moments, where we went to Aberdeen for a midweek Scottish Cup tie. Everyone had written us off after they got a lucky (offside goal) to force a replay. We had the most makeshift defence with Mark Ferry at left back, Steven Simmons and Grant Murray in the middle, and a flu-ridden Craig Wilson at right back. Jonny Russell (who was on loan at the time) got crunched in the first half. And then somehow we took the lead with Allan Walker ripping Jerel Ifil, before playing it to Tade who managed to literally hit the roof of the net from 1 yard out (if he'd been a yard back, he'd have missed).  
Tade is probably one of my favourite Rovers players ever. Worked his arse off every game, he had defenders bricking it with no idea how to handle his pace. He'd skin players and hit a shot into row z and people would go "ach, it's Tade....". His interviews were legendary too. 
I've probably posted the above about 5 times, but I really don't give a f**k. :wub: 

You forgot about Dougie Hill getting injured in the warm up at Pittodrie, so we'd used 1 sub by kick off and 2 by the 25th minute when Russell got injured.

Copied and pasted my post from the "Famous people who have fallen out with you thread"...

when Gregory Tade was still at Stranraer, I added him as a friend on Facebook (I think alcohol might have played a part in my actions). He sent me a message the next day basically saying "Who are you?", and I apologised and told him I was a Stranraer fan. To my surprise, he then accepted my request, and even more suprisingly, a while later, initiated another FB chat with me.

He was giving me the usual platitudes about how great the fans were, but also telling me why he was a bit disillusioned with the club and giving me other tidbits of gossip. For my part, I was impressing him with pidgin French, telling him that I have one sister and my hobbies (I probably did type the phrase, "je joue au football aussi!" at some point). 

But when he hit the big time (went to St Johnstone) he deleted me as a friend on Facebook. :bairn:bairn:bairn

Looking forward to this tomorrow. Can't remember the last time I was able to say that about a Rovers match. 

Would expect we will start with the same lineup that came out for the 2nd half at Alloa. Some familiar names in the Stranrear squad including that cheating wee ex hertz b*****d. BOOOO.

Must win all these type of games if we are to challenge for the title. 

This happens after cash has been exchanged.

When! Unless the game is all ticket (unlikely in League 1) I have never, and I mean ever, been handed a match ticket.

Saying that, I have had a season ticket for the last few years. Is this a new thing?

Just now, Scary Bear said:

When! Unless the game is all ticket (unlikely in League 1) I have never, and I mean ever, been handed a match ticket.

Saying that, I have had a season ticket for the last few years. Is this a new thing?

It's a means to allow you access to the Raith Suite and then exit the main stand to finally gain access to the South Stand.

I presume the Main Stand is the same, in the South Stand there is 1 turnstile that opens early to allow access to the 200 Club from the concourse, however, up until the regular opening time it is manned by a steward who is only allowed to take tickets or season ticket vouchers & not cash, hence the slight need for printed tickets.

Archived