Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

glensmad

Watched the highlights from rutherglen from pre season and the vale of Clyde game. Looks like the lad docherty will be a miss this year. But can't help but admire the boy Hamilton in the middle of the park and tony Fraser never seems to misplace a pass. Think if you can start this season the way you finished last you'll be promoted no problem. How's thing with out Hutchison? Another quality player lost has the boy baker and mcallister stepped up? I like the way you play football hope you aren't changing things up because of the arrival of smith and Boyd two big men but Boyd ran us silly when we played them down at meadow park 

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Docherty has been missed so far, but as I mentioned earlier we've yet to see how we are defensively with Baker in behind a back three of McGregor, Donaldson and Neil. They haven't played together as a group in any game yet due to circumstances.

I don't think we'll change our style to suit Smith or Boyd, as they're both good footballers.

Tony Fraser never ceases to amaze me with his fitness and the way he reads a game. He's captain now since Eadie retired.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Docherty has been missed so far, but as I mentioned earlier we've yet to see how we are defensively with Baker in behind a back three of McGregor, Donaldson and Neil. They haven't played together as a group in any game yet due to circumstances.

I don't think we'll change our style to suit Smith or Boyd, as they're both good footballers.

Tony Fraser never ceases to amaze me with his fitness and the way he reads a game. He's captain now since Eadie retired.

In the highlights the space tony is finding and the calmness all the ball is brilliant. The boy Hamilton is superb I spoke about him highly last year. Happy for tony to be named captain he must be one of the most experienced players in the juniors now. In the highlights the keeper mcallister had some fine stops if I remember I'm sure he was the young keeper at dunipace. The boy baker is a tall keeper if I'm correct good presence about him and one hell of a kick. I noticed tho in the twice we played him for a big guy he didn't really come for crosses but shot stopping he is really good and like I said that kick is a weapon it self. Will look forward to playing against you. Hopefully our team are more up to task. We've had back to back wins after a disappointing loss to Cumbernauld but we have new coaching staff in place so hopefully we'll be back challenging again this season. 

East Kilbride Thistle 3 (Kevin McLean 2, Scott Hadden)
Rutherglen Glencairn 1 (Gary Smith).

So we're out of the Sectional League Cup and Cambuslang Rangers have won the group ahead of Wednesday night's final group games.

The focus has always been firmly on being ready for the first league game at Renfrew next week, and I don't think we've played our strongest side in any game yet.

Anyway, that's the last game while I'm on holiday, it's ok guys, I'm coming home to sort it. [emoji23]

So we're out of the Sectional League Cup and Cambuslang Rangers have won the group ahead of Wednesday night's final group games.

The focus has always been firmly on being ready for the first league game at Renfrew next week, and I don't think we've played our strongest side in any game yet.

Anyway, that's the last game while I'm on holiday, it's ok guys, I'm coming home to sort it. [emoji23]

Yea,I believe you!

Honkin post. Rutherglen would have wanted to win the section just as much as any other side, so don't play it off as if it's not hurting you that cambuslang got top spot.

Honkin post. Rutherglen would have wanted to win the section just as much as any other side, so don't play it off as if it's not hurting you that cambuslang got top spot.

Of course we wanted to qualify, but we don't do it every year. It would have hurt me just as much if Blantyre, EK or Vale had won the group, by the way. I wanted us to qualify, but what I posted was 100% true.

We made 7 changes to the team for the 2nd game, and a further 7 changes to the team for the 3rd game. Those are undeniable facts. You may think my post is "honking", but they are still facts. Our management team have chosen to use the group to get the squad fit ahead of next Saturday's start to the league, and the team selections have made that very obvious.

7 hours ago, glensmad said:

Of course we wanted to qualify, but we don't do it every year. It would have hurt me just as much if Blantyre, EK or Vale had won the group, by the way. I wanted us to qualify, but what I posted was 100% true.

We made 7 changes to the team for the 2nd game, and a further 7 changes to the team for the 3rd game. Those are undeniable facts. You may think my post is "honking", but they are still facts. Our management team have chosen to use the group to get the squad fit ahead of next Saturday's start to the league, and the team selections have made that very obvious.

Has hunter and the boy team left the club

Has hunter and the boy team left the club

Jamie Hunter is back at Rossvale now. Fraser Team was playing for Glencairn yesterday, he's just back from holiday so that's why he's not been involved till yesterday.

Archived