Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

glensmad

If you're looking for a good match this afternoon, pop down to Glasgow Green to watch Rutherglen Glencairn u21s v Tower Hearts u21s, big rivals and 2nd v 3rd in the West of Scotland u21 Premier League. 2pm kick off, free entry.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do Rutherglen Glencairn FC have any input / knowledge of the 'turns' or 'entertainment' that takes place at 'Glencairn- The Venue'?

If not , are the football  club aware of the 'entertainment' that regularly takes place in 'the Venue'?

I'd heard a few stories in the past few years about goings on at 'the Venue' & I've just been shown a video clip of a band performing at the Venue who apparently appear on a regular basis in the place. This was shown to me by a Glencairn season ticket holder who used to be a regular in the Venue but was told not to come back to the place after he voiced his concerns about the 'entertainment that was on regularly at the Venue.  

I've been invited to a private function in the place next week , but not keen on going due to this....

The Glencairn Venue is a separate entity from Rutherglen Glencairn Football Club. The football club has no input whatsoever into what events take place there, other than the club's AGM and Half Year Meeting. I hope that answers your question.

But doesn't your manager own it?

Along with other business partners. But I repeat, the football club has no input into events at the venue.

I don't think I can be any clearer than that. Back to football issues please.

But surely if your manager is a joint owner then the football club can have input into what happens?

I have answered the question twice now. Accept the answer or don't, it's up to you. It's not going to change, as it is fact.

I will not be answering any further questions regarding the venue, as what happens there is none of my nor the football club's business. I can't be any clearer than that.

38 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The Glencairn Venue is a separate entity from Rutherglen Glencairn Football Club. The football club has no input whatsoever into what events take place there, other than the club's AGM and Half Year Meeting. I hope that answers your question.

Are you personally aware of these regular events that take place in 'The Venue?

Thank you for the brilliant work done by committee member Ronnie Harvey, with the refurbishment of the home dressing room at The Celsius Stadium, ready for Saturday's home match against Stonehaven in the Scottish Junior Cup.
7bcb563335ae6415069b2348556183d4.jpg

On 28 November 2017 at 22:50, blue manalishi said:

Do Rutherglen Glencairn FC have any input / knowledge of the 'turns' or 'entertainment' that takes place at 'Glencairn- The Venue'?

If not , are the football  club aware of the 'entertainment' that regularly takes place in 'the Venue'?

I'd heard a few stories in the past few years about goings on at 'the Venue' & I've just been shown a video clip of a band performing at the Venue who apparently appear on a regular basis in the place. This was shown to me by a Glencairn season ticket holder who used to be a regular in the Venue but was told not to come back to the place after he voiced his concerns about the 'entertainment that was on regularly at the Venue.  

I've been invited to a private function in the place next week , but not keen on going due to this....

Haud oan till i get the popcorn.

Why should the fact that hes the manager of the football club n a partner in the business mean its got anything at all to do with the football club? A lot of "social clubs" no longer have anything to do with the club anymore and are standalone businesses in their own right.

Archived