Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

glensmad

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rutherglen Glencairn's competitive match record for 2017 :-
Played 33, Won 17, Drawn 5, Lost 11, Goals for 81, Goals against 49.
League :-
Played 23, Won 12, Drawn 5, Lost 6, Goals for 48, Goals against 35.
Cup :-
Played 10, Won 5, Drawn 0, Lost 5, Goals for 33, Goals against 14.

Great result and brilliant team performance today.

A couple of cracking goals,looking forward to seeing them later.

Thought the penalty for petershill was very soft but team held together to see the game out. 

34 minutes ago, R.G.F.C said:

Great result and brilliant team performance today.

A couple of cracking goals,looking forward to seeing them later.

Thought the penalty for petershill was very soft but team held together to see the game out. 

Agreed, I thought Smith's first goal was a belter.

The penalty was a joke, Murch has actually fouled Hall, grabbed his jersey and pulled him down on to him, and the referee has fallen for it.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Agreed, I thought Smith's first goal was a belter.

The penalty was a joke, Murch has actually fouled Hall, grabbed his jersey and pulled him down on to him, and the referee has fallen for it.

The big man is turning out to be a cracking signing some of the goals he scores are right out the top drawer.

Just need to keep it going now think the fixture list has giving us a run off home games for a few weeks.

The big man is turning out to be a cracking signing some of the goals he scores are right out the top drawer.
Just need to keep it going now think the fixture list has giving us a run off home games for a few weeks.

Just watched the highlights, what about that 3rd goal ? I didn't see it properly at the time as I was trying to take pictures, but it was a beauty.

56 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Just watched the highlights, what about that 3rd goal ? I didn't see it properly at the time as I was trying to take pictures, but it was a beauty.

It was indeed cracking finish by hall after starting the move aswell. 

The club are delighted to announce that striker Jay McKay has signed an extension to his contract which means he will remain a Rutherglen Glencairn player until at least the summer of 2020.

McKay was the club's top goal scorer last season and also won the club's Website Player of the Year award. This season so far Jay has scored 9 goals from 12 starting appearances.

73255b4f2df1037c8d62379f2f268090.jpg

Not a spectacular performance from us today but a good three points tucked away again against a stuffy Kello side who will take points off the teams above us.

I'll be interested to see the referee's report as I hear a few Kello people were called to the officials' room after the match.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Not a spectacular performance from us today but a good three points tucked away again against a stuffy Kello side who will take points off the teams above us.

I'll be interested to see the referee's report as I hear a few Kello people were called to the officials' room after the match.

Good win indeed I felt kello were unlucky to get their man sent off at 1-1 game changing moment.

Great to see Andy neil scoring and also gormley with a superb header. 

Good win indeed I felt kello were unlucky to get their man sent off at 1-1 game changing moment.

Great to see Andy neil scoring and also gormley with a superb header. 

The red card was clear cut. He picked up a stupid yellow for kicking the ball away about 40 yards in the first half, then he picked up a 2nd yellow for a late tackle in the 2nd half. I wouldn't say it was a match changing moment as Jack Baker hardly had anything to do apart from the two penalties. It certainly helped us break them down though.

Archived