Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

glensmad

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And we left our top two goal scorers on the bench. Smith, McKay, McGuire and McNab all missing today, good to see the squad stepping up. I thought Brannigan and Savarese were excellent after coming back from their loan spell.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

I wonder why..... emoji16.png

Sadly does not matter how well you chaps are playing most times when push comes to shove  we end upnwith a positive result regardless ......thouroughly enjoyed the game today .For your sake hope you draw somebody else in the Scottish should we get through .....................

Been keeping tabs on the thread since we got Glencairn in the cup. Great highlights who ever does them. Poor from the Stoney lot today, i travelled down to the Cambuslang game, but could not make this one. My sources tell me, we were bullied off the park today, which is disapointing, after the same happened to us against Greenock&Rossvale the past few years in the Scottish. I would of thought we could learn from those games. But seems not. I personally think the Cambuslang result was a freak result on paper and they were very poor on the day.  Not that i expect us to beat Glasgow teams.  Goodluck for the rest of the comp Glencairn

A guy sent off ? When your comfortable ? And win 6-0 peter ? Seems daft ? What was the story ?

He was a tad slow in getting to the challenge and caught the player around the shin area, me personally I thought it was a reckless challenge and one he didn’t have to make given the score line. I’m not sure it warranted a straight Red card mind you, it was one of a few strange decisions the referee made today

By the way, thank you to the representatives of Cambuslang Rangers, Cumbernauld United, Petershill, Irvine Meadow, Thorniewood United, Fauldhouse United and no doubt some others who swelled the crowd today at The Celsius Stadium. You're always welcome. [emoji106]

4 hours ago, TrebleTwenty said:

Been keeping tabs on the thread since we got Glencairn in the cup. Great highlights who ever does them. Poor from the Stoney lot today, i travelled down to the Cambuslang game, but could not make this one. My sources tell me, we were bullied off the park today, which is disapointing, after the same happened to us against Greenock&Rossvale the past few years in the Scottish. I would of thought we could learn from those games. But seems not. I personally think the Cambuslang result was a freak result on paper and they were very poor on the day.  Not that i expect us to beat Glasgow teams.  Goodluck for the rest of the comp Glencairn

I think bullied is a bit unfair, and I appreciate you are only passing on what you heard. Experienced might be a better word. Anyway thank you for your kind comments re the highlights. Today's game will be ready in 20 minutes :)

I really have no idea where the "bullied" bit has come from, but to be fair to the guy he wasn't actually at the game. It wasn't a physical match in any way, despite the two red cards, and Glencairn were simply miles better all afternoon, playing football on the floor and passing from the back the whole game.

15 hours ago, Stants1902 said:

Why should the fact that hes the manager of the football club n a partner in the business mean its got anything at all to do with the football club? A lot of "social clubs" no longer have anything to do with the club anymore and are standalone businesses in their own right.

You answered your own question in the first instance :huh:

Archived