Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

glensmad

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 18:23, R.G.F.C said:

Good win indeed I felt kello were unlucky to get their man sent off at 1-1 game changing moment.

Great to see Andy neil scoring and also gormley with a superb header. 

Would agree that the second yellow was harsh, stupid yellow for kicking the ball away to start with though. Looks like the reaction of the number 5 got the Kello player sent off, rolling about "in agony" then unsurprisingly jumping back up on to his feet once the decision has been made. Sadly play acting like this happens on every park and at every level of football, gone are the days where footballers rolled there sleeves up, gave stick out and took it back and just got on with the game.

Was at a Sunday league game today and a similar thing happened, lad got tackled on the half way line, jumped up in the air and landed in a heap screaming and holding his ankle "in agony", once he realised he had been given the free kick he jumps back up and sprints away up the pitch, thankfully for the tackler the ref read the situation and kept his cards in his pocket.

I'm sorry, but I was at the game and watched the incident from the opposite angle to the camera. It looked like a clear late tackle to me, and worthy of a yellow card. If he hadn't stupidly kicked the ball away early in the match (which is just as irritating as supposed feigning injury) then he wouldn't have put himself under pressure not to make such a challenge and take the punishment.

25 minutes ago, colinmcn said:

If you see the slow mo on the highlights it was a tackle high up on Tony's shin.

So why was Tony holding his leg just above his ankle? lol.

I've slowed the video down and watched it a few times, The Kello lad is trying to pull out of the tackle as he realises the ball has gone, he does catch Tony just above the ankle though, but with no intent and no force so for me it's a foul and the yellow is harsh.

We see it differently Colin and that's fair enough, the ref made the call and that's all that matters.

51 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I'm sorry, but I was at the game and watched the incident from the opposite angle to the camera. It looked like a clear late tackle to me, and worthy of a yellow card. If he hadn't stupidly kicked the ball away early in the match (which is just as irritating as supposed feigning injury) then he wouldn't have put himself under pressure not to make such a challenge and take the punishment.

There was no supposed about it, rolling about on your back holding your leg then a matter of seconds later running about the park. Like I said sadly it's part of the game nowadays.

There was no supposed about it, rolling about on your back holding your leg then a matter of seconds later running about the park. Like I said sadly it's part of the game nowadays.

If you watch the video, the Kello player goes to Tony Fraser to apologise for the challenge after the red card and the two players shake hands. Fraser is still clearly feeling the effects of the late challenge at this point, he is not "running about the park" seconds later.

As I said earlier, the video only shows the challenge from one angle, the covered enclosure where 90% of the fans at the game were gathered. I was on the open terracing in the rain with a few other dafties, and we all thought it was a yellow card offence. I think it was challenge he could easily have pulled out of but chose to leave one on Fraser, forgetting his daft yellow card for kicking the ball away early in the match.

16 hours ago, glensmad said:

If you watch the video, the Kello player goes to Tony Fraser to apologise for the challenge after the red card and the two players shake hands. Fraser is still clearly feeling the effects of the late challenge at this point, he is not "running about the park" seconds later.

As I said earlier, the video only shows the challenge from one angle, the covered enclosure where 90% of the fans at the game were gathered. I was on the open terracing in the rain with a few other dafties, and we all thought it was a yellow card offence. I think it was challenge he could easily have pulled out of but chose to leave one on Fraser, forgetting his daft yellow card for kicking the ball away early in the match.

We see it differently which is fair enough. What I will say though is he probably  apologised  to Fraser as he knew he'd  caught him accidently not on purpose. I know when I played if someone "chose" to leave one on somebody there was no apologising,  why would you apologise for something you meant to do?

Anyway, the ref made his decision and that's that, all the best for the rest of the season.

Fixture change for Saturday 3rd February 2018 :-
Maryhill v Rutherglen Glencairn
West Region Super League Division One
Lochburn Park
2pm kick off.

Date confirmed for Central League Cup 1st round :-
St Roch's v Rutherglen Glencairn
Saturday 3rd March 2018
James McGrory Park
2pm kick off.

• 2 weeks later...

A pitch inspection has been called for 9am on Saturday morning ahead of our Scottish Junior Cup tie against Bo'ness United. At present the pitch is playable, however there is heavy overnight rain forecast.

The club has a reservation on a pitch at Glasgow Green Football Centre for 12pm for any of our five teams to use in the event of a postponement tomorrow. If the cup tie is postponed, the 1st team will then take up this booking and will invite the first club to contact us to provide the opposition for a friendly match at Glasgow Green.

A minute's silence will be held at The Celsius Stadium before tomorrow's Scottish Junior Cup match against Bo'ness United, and the club flag will be flown at half mast, in memory of former Rutherglen Glencairn physio Terry Waters who sadly passed away on Thursday morning.

Archived