Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

glensmad

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing to have today's match called off, but not surprising with the weather. I wasn't down at the park myself this morning, but I'm told our guys thought the pitch was possibly playable, but the match referee said no. It's hard to argue when just about all of the other games were called off long before ours.

At least we know we should be on next week away to Largs, as the forecast for the week is more cold stuff.

13 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The Half Year Meeting of Rutherglen Glencairn Football Club will be held on Monday 22nd January 2018 at 7.30pm in The Glencairn Venue. All fully paid up members are requested to attend.

Will there be a band? Asking for a brother oops i mean a friend.

Rutherglen Glencairn are saddened to learn of the death of two former players, Andy Nisbet (age 70) and Jim O'Brien (age 75).

Andy Nisbet played for the club in the early 70s and also spent some time as coach and on the club committee. Andy's funeral service was held this morning.

Jim O'Brien made 269 appearances for Glencairn between 1966 and 1982, and in season 1967-68 Jim played in the same Glencairn team as his brothers Hugh and Andy. (Picture - Hugh, Andy and Jim O'Brien.)

af01259a2aed8ac0bd6acd0ca1316c7e.jpg

1 hour ago, stuglens1 said:

Petershill still have to settle their Scottish cup tie before the 6th

Correct, but they have this weekend and next to do that, hopefully there is a result.

The fixture v Kello Rovers has now been confirmed for 13th January.

A tough draw for us in the Scottish Junior Cup 4th round, at home v Bo'ness United.

At least we're at home, so that gives us a chance, that's four home draws in a row in this year's competition.

It was a close game when we met in the 5th round in 2013-14 (2-1 to Bo'ness) and there was a cracking crowd, so I'm looking forward to this one already.

Archived