Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

glensmad

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would like to see Boyd and team up front tomorrow night.
Rest jay for saturday.

I'm not sure Jay needs rested. He didn't play v Vale of Clyde, and he only played half an hour v East Kilbride Thistle. He probably actually needs games rather than rested.

Didn't play well tonight....

Sorry, but I have to disagree, and so will the management teams of both sides. That was a huge improvement from Glencairn tonight, we hit the bar twice, we hit the post, we had a goal disallowed, and we passed Cambuslang off the park for long spells.

However, when you have a player like Dale Simeon in your team, you always have a chance, and his 2nd goal was exceptional when it seemed inevitable that the winner would come at the other end.

All of the Glencairn committee members I spoke to after the game were positive about the performance. Cambuslang assistant manager Billy Campbell told me "that was a really good performance by Glens, some of your passing moves were brilliant to watch". Cambuslang manager Paul McColl was sitting beside him at the time and nodded in agreement.

When Smith's brilliant header hit the underside of the bar and came back out I feared it wasn't our night and a sucker punch was coming, and sure enough. I actually said "This is a goal" before Simeon hit it, I know what he can do only too well.

Take nothing away from Cambuslang, they have won the group with a 100% record, and you just can't argue with that.

But we have taken a lot of positives from tonight in terms of the way we have played.

I think we totally deserved that tonight. The pen was soft, the red card was soft. U had chances but never took them. We played ok tonight also and with Iain Stewart back we will get better. On to the quarters we go and we can only be delighted. 4 wins from 4 cant be argued with.

Both teams meet in the league soon and I bet there are a few changes to both sides.

I agree with you i thought use were the better team your big number 5 is a player the glens are screaming out for.

Can't see the glens being much different team wise when teams meet soon maybe someone else up top with jay.

I think we totally deserved that tonight. The pen was soft, the red card was soft. U had chances but never took them. We played ok tonight also and with Iain Stewart back we will get better. On to the quarters we go and we can only be delighted. 4 wins from 4 cant be argued with.

Both teams meet in the league soon and I bet there are a few changes to both sides.

I'll need to see the video before commenting on the penalty as I didn't have a good view of it, but there were no complaints from the 'Lang players at the time. The red card seemed very obvious to me, it was a poor challenge.

As I said, take nothing away from Cambuslang, 12 points out of 12. You can't argue with that.

9 hours ago, glensmad said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree, and so will the management teams of both sides. That was a huge improvement from Glencairn tonight, we hit the bar twice, we hit the post, we had a goal disallowed, and we passed Cambuslang off the park for long spells.

However, when you have a player like Dale Simeon in your team, you always have a chance, and his 2nd goal was exceptional when it seemed inevitable that the winner would come at the other end.

All of the Glencairn committee members I spoke to after the game were positive about the performance. Cambuslang assistant manager Billy Campbell told me "that was a really good performance by Glens, some of your passing moves were brilliant to watch". Cambuslang manager Paul McColl was sitting beside him at the time and nodded in agreement.

When Smith's brilliant header hit the underside of the bar and came back out I feared it wasn't our night and a sucker punch was coming, and sure enough. I actually said "This is a goal" before Simeon hit it, I know what he can do only too well.

Take nothing away from Cambuslang, they have won the group with a 100% record, and you just can't argue with that.

But we have taken a lot of positives from tonight in terms of the way we have played.

:lol:

Here's a currious stat - Cambuslang haven't lost at Rutherglen since 2010, and Glencairn haven't lost at Cambuslang since 2010 either. Perhaps we should swap grounds ? [emoji16]

No thanks

I'll need to see the video before commenting on the penalty as I didn't have a good view of it, but there were no complaints from the 'Lang players at the time. The red card seemed very obvious to me, it was a poor challenge.

As I said, take nothing away from Cambuslang, 12 points out of 12. You can't argue with that.

Im not sure the red card was for the challenge, was it? I thought it was because Jamie raised his hands when the guy squared up to him. And u say u didnt have a good view, clearly not within listening distance as there were a few Lang defenders expressing their shock at the ref. He was poor

Glens played very well. cambuslang didn't start very well, but worked extremely hard to make up for the fact that they weren't linking up as good as usual but when cambuslang did link up they seemed to be getting through.
What disallowed goal would that be exactly ? The penalty was a joke. Don't remember the last time I seeen a penalty giving for a free kick being blasted into a wall and hitting a hand.
Referee definitely didn't help cambuslang tonight but the glencairn players should be ashamed of the way they went down screaming any time there was a tackle. Thought hamiltons tackle on Kilmartin in 1st half was more a red than Jamie hays.
Did I mention the glencairn sieve in goals? But other than that glens passing was well done but just not dangerous enough soon turned to punting balls into the box .

Archived