Sportscene Watch 19/20

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Just had a search through the Sky planner, did Sportscene really not bother to put a show together for the two Scottish Cup replays during the week? Possibly the two most exciting games that have happened in Scottish football in the last couple of years at least. As someone said earlier, they managed to fumble together a single game Friday Sportscene for Rangers v Stranraer, but couldn’t be bothered to show two replays over the space of two nights? I see the argument on here regularly about cameras getting sent to certain games etc but I’m sure I seen highlights of both games on Twitter, so what is stopping them putting together a proper highlights programme and giving both the games the analysis they deserve, especially as both were subject to the UEFA blackout and would have had a large audience interested to watch? 

Exactly - given the Champions League Last 16 now goes on until about October, we are stuck with this scenario for cup replays - and the least they can do is produce highlights programmes.

I seem to recall last season there was highlights of Stenny v Aberdeen and QoS v Dundee replays a round earlier.

Edited by tarapoa

7 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Exactly - given the Champions League Last 16 now goes on until about October, we are stuck with this scenario for cup replays - and the least they can do is produce highlights programmes.

I seem to recall last season there was highlights of Stenny v Aberdeen and QoS v Dundee replays a round earlier.

I can't remember that, although I doubt I'd have watched such a programme, for obvious reasons.

The YouTube highlights do have BBC commentators, but the coverage is still minimal with only two cameras. I'd be surprised if they put on on edition of Sportscene with that.

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Just had a search through the Sky planner, did Sportscene really not bother to put a show together for the two Scottish Cup replays during the week? Possibly the two most exciting games that have happened in Scottish football in the last couple of years at least. As someone said earlier, they managed to fumble together a single game Friday Sportscene for Rangers v Stranraer, but couldn’t be bothered to show two replays over the space of two nights? I see the argument on here regularly about cameras getting sent to certain games etc but I’m sure I seen highlights of both games on Twitter, so what is stopping them putting together a proper highlights programme and giving both the games the analysis they deserve, especially as both were subject to the UEFA blackout and would have had a large audience interested to watch? 

To put on a highlights show, the BBC would have needed to send more than a single camera to each game - you can't really show any more than a few minutes of highlights from a single (or even 2/3 angles). So ultimately it comes down to cost.

Rangers (sic) v Stranraer was already being covered by Premier so the cost of a dedicated highlights programme for that will have been minimal. 

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

I can't remember that, although I doubt I'd have watched such a programme, for obvious reasons.

The YouTube highlights do have BBC commentators, but the coverage is still minimal with only two cameras. I'd be surprised if they put on on edition of Sportscene with that.

To put on a highlights show, the BBC would have needed to send more than a single camera to each game - you can't really show any more than a few minutes of highlights from a single (or even 2/3 angles). So ultimately it comes down to cost.

Rangers (sic) v Stranraer was already being covered by Premier so the cost of a dedicated highlights programme for that will have been minimal. 

I see. I did recall that the problem was something to do with number of cameras but even a half hour show showing the single camera highlights with a bit of analysis wouldnt have been too hard to throw together. James McFadden and Stevie Thompson done the radio commentary for the Motherwell St Mirren game and it was actually a good listen. I get the feeling they hang about the streets around the BBC studio in Govan waiting for a shout and would have been happy enough to sit and talk through the highlights of those two games. Maybe it’s only disappointing as both turned out to be cracking games, but it’s Scotland’s premier cup competition and I would expect replays at this stage to be given a bit more coverage. 

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

The state of this patronising shite from the BBC.

He won't be able to help himself,  the lure of a being seen as  a social media hero to celtic fans will make sure of that.

7 hours ago, bennett said:

He won't be able to help himself,  the lure of a being seen as  a social media hero to celtic fans will make sure of that.

When will people like you ever realise that to be anti-Rangers doesn’t automatically make you pro-Celtic. In fact in 100% of cases, unless you’re from the Celtic family, if you’re anti-Rangers you’re also going to be anti-Celtic. 

Literally every Celtic or Rangers fan that has ever lived thinks that if you're anti their team, you're pro the other one. 

There's normal, functioning, logical fans of both clubs that I know who lose all of those when it comes to who I detest more. 

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Literally every Celtic or Rangers fan that has ever lived thinks that if you're anti their team, you're pro the other one. 

There's normal, functioning, logical fans of both clubs that I know who lose all of those when it comes to who I detest more. 

More pish from you,This has nothing to do with Celtic Micheal Stewart voiced his opinion and got a slap on the wrist.