Sportscene Watch 19/20

Does anyone know why they don’t show highlights of the championship games? Not even extended or normal highlights, just a 10-15 minute section at the end with a voiceover as a round-up? Doesnt seem to make much sense to me seeing as BBC Scotland have the rights? I know some teams put their highlights online but only ones I can consistently find are Alloa, Ayr, ICT & Dunfermline, would be nice to see a round up of the championship weekend as well considering how much closer it is and not the same two horse race year upon year 😂 (I may be slightly biased being a Dundee fan but yknow.) if anyone could let me know why they don’t show them I’d be grateful to know why

9 minutes ago, Rosco4 said:

Does anyone know why they don’t show highlights of the championship games? Not even extended or normal highlights, just a 10-15 minute section at the end with a voiceover as a round-up? Doesnt seem to make much sense to me seeing as BBC Scotland have the rights? I know some teams put their highlights online but only ones I can consistently find are Alloa, Ayr, ICT & Dunfermline, would be nice to see a round up of the championship weekend as well considering how much closer it is and not the same two horse race year upon year 😂 (I may be slightly biased being a Dundee fan but yknow.) if anyone could let me know why they don’t show them I’d be grateful to know why

the prem highlights are stunted compared to the EPL version, but I agree a separate Championship show should be on, including League One which is also an interesting contest. Surely it should on the new Scotland channel.  

5 hours ago, Rosco4 said:

Yes, I know why. Celtic and Rangers don’t play in the Championship.

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

As highlighted by the fact that they did show highlights when Rangers, Hearts and Hibs were in the Championship. It's totally blatant but they came up with some pish excuse that made no sense.

To be fair, Hearts and Hibs had nothing to do with it. Hearts were only in the Championship at the same time as Rangers, and as I remember, when Rangers won promotion and left Hibs in the league for one season, the BBC didn’t cover the Championship.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

To be fair, Hearts and Hibs had nothing to do with it. Hearts were only in the Championship at the same time as Rangers, and as I remember, when Rangers won promotion and left Hibs in the league for one season, the BBC didn’t cover the Championship.

All three were in the division in 2014/15.

The point that the wider coverage owed everything to Rangers, does however still stand.

55 minutes ago, A96 said:

Maybe if Arbroath had referred to their recent seasons as their “journey” the TV companies would have taken notice 

Supply and demand. 

celtic fans probably make up the largest percentage of their viewers, so it made sense to show Sevco games.

16 hours ago, kingjoey said:

To be fair it was an easy oversight for the earlier poster to make given that the current club plying their trade from Ibrox have spent over 25% of their existence in the Championship.

40 minutes ago, Dele said:

WTF was Zander Clark doing at Motherwell's goal? 

Some mosses from Cole and May. 

Our goalkeeping coach was an absolute shitehawk who couldnt claim crosses so has now enforced it upon Clark to stay on his line. 

Youd think after seasons of us conceding from set pieces/crosses we'd have changed it, yet here we are.