Sportscene Watch 19/20

The thing is Griffiths didn't get a yellow for the alleged stamp he got a yellow for the handbags with Gogic.
This is where it gets a bit convoluted,if the compliance officer has had a bad weekend she can take it out on the footballers.
The guilty by sportscene adds to the decision made by highlighting it.
I got my Scottish football fix this weekend by watching 3 games for me there was more than just one accident but the other 2 I saw didn't make the cut on sportscene.
I thought Naismith made three separate fouls one from the back and the Lewis one at the end of the game was worth another look by the compliance officer.
I find it hard to believe that she will sit down and watch 6 games to pick out possible red cards. 
Well she fucking should. That's her job!

First time getting to see the Griffiths stamp and I'm staggered there's folk who think that isn't a red card.
Of course it should have been a red. This excessive force argument is bollocks. Callum Hendry didn't actually do much damage to Lewis Ferguson (unfortunately [emoji16]) but even I'd be hard pushed to argue that the ref was wrong to red card him.

20 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Of course it should have been a red. This excessive force argument is bollocks. Callum Hendry didn't actually do much damage to Lewis Ferguson (unfortunately emoji16.png) but even I'd be hard pushed to argue that the ref was wrong to red card him.

You don't support a team that's permanently aggrieved due to what's happening at the other end of the city.

30 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Of course it should have been a red. This excessive force argument is bollocks. Callum Hendry didn't actually do much damage to Lewis Ferguson (unfortunately emoji16.png) but even I'd be hard pushed to argue that the ref was wrong to red card him.

( lack of ) Excessive force only applies if it is an O.F.player in danger of getting sent off

Edited by ewan14

6 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

We'll have to disagree. I feel both incidents were the mark of a coward.

In his autobiography Sir Alex Ferguson ( rightly ) had a go at Willie Johnstone

for stamping on John McMaster ( throat ? ) yet he defended a Man Utd. for a similas assault

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

First time getting to see the Griffiths stamp and I'm staggered there's folk who think that isn't a red card.

Theres a Celtic fan on Twitter claiming Griffiths should be applauded as he apparently actively trys to prevent himself stamping on the player...

Edited by RandomGuy.

10 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

In his autobiography Sir Alex Ferguson ( rightly ) had a go at Willie Johnstone

for stamping on John McMaster ( throat ? ) yet he defended a Man Utd. for a similas assault

Who, Cantona? Easy to condemn assault when it happens to your player 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres a Celtic fan on Twitter claiming Griffiths should be applauded as he apparently actively trys to prevent himself stamping on the player...

😂😂😂

Edited by Merkland Red

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

😂😂😂

Posted the tweet above.

Comments are full of Celtic fans agreeing, and claiming theres a witch hunt against them.

One of only two sets of supporters who could watch one of their players stamp on someones chest and still come out the victims.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye but saying it isn't a red card gets it right up Sevco,  priorities.....

3 hours ago, Rodhull said:

I see Kenny Miller's retired today. Wonder if the offer of a potentially available spot as a pundit on Sportscene is being used to soften the blow?

Wouldn't surprise me but probably a case of 2 + 2 = 5 on my part.

You’re probably right. He’s already a regular guest on the Sportsound discussions and an occasional pundit joining the radio commentary on a game.

I think he’d actually be ok as a co-commentator when he’s covering game that doesn’t involve the ****.  Same with McCoist , when he’s covering English games for 5Live. He’s far better than most of their native ex-pros .......which isn’t really saying much when it’s the likes of Keown and Lawro. Or the extremely thick Micah Richards who seems to be popping up more and more frequently.

1 minute ago, Reignman said:

No Michael Stewart on Sportscene tonight. On the naughty step with the BBC after Mondays performance on Sportsound? I didnt hear any radio coverage on Wednesday, did Stewart feature?

He was at the Motherwell/Celtic game with BT Sport.