• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This might be my ignorance but...Carson clearly handled outside the box so no arguments there but why is that a red? Didn't seem like a clear goal scoring opportunity to me?

For me it has to be a red. Can't allow keepers just to pick the ball up outside the box to avoid a potential problem. 

No ideal what official rule is though.

This might be my ignorance but...Carson clearly handled outside the box so no arguments there but why is that a red? Didn't seem like a clear goal scoring opportunity to me?

Pretty much. I saw someone on WAP claiming Carson picked the ball up a clear foot outside the box (apparently). Which is clearly not the case.

He's got his hands over the ball, lets it run and going by the stills it looks like at worst the ball is an inch or two off the line. He's still clearly favourite for the ball and the Saints player has never been in possession or control of the ball so it's difficult to see how it could be construed as denying a goal scoring opportunity.

At the very worst it's a misjudgment from Carson and he's picked the ball up a fraction early. I have a feeling that like the Saints fan who was claiming Carson picked it up *well* outside the box the assistant has thought similar when the reality is it was much more marginal than that.

Doesn't change the fact that either Carson or Kipré should just have emptied the ball out the park though.

Seemed to me that Wotherspoon was "second in line" getting to the ball after the keeper, so technically him picking it up was preventing a chance at goal.

Obviously that's contradicted by the fact if you remove the keeper then the centre half doesn't slow down.

Either way if the keeper or centre half just blooters it, like normal people, then you never put the ref in that position.

Paul Mitchell's commentary always sounds as if he is in the midst of an intense period of constipation. 

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Pretty much. I saw someone on WAP claiming Carson picked the ball up a clear foot outside the box (apparently). Which is clearly not the case.

He's got his hands over the ball, lets it run and going by the stills it looks like at worst the ball is an inch or two off the line. He's still clearly favourite for the ball and the Saints player has never been in possession or control of the ball so it's difficult to see how it could be construed as denying a goal scoring opportunity.

At the very worst it's a misjudgment from Carson and he's picked the ball up a fraction early. I have a feeling that like the Saints fan who was claiming Carson picked it up *well* outside the box the assistant has thought similar when the reality is it was much more marginal than that.

Doesn't change the fact that either Carson or Kipré should just have emptied the ball out the park though.

Aye that's pretty much how I saw it.

He lets it run across him with the intention of picking up inside the box but panics a wee bit and picks it up early.  At no point though did I feel like the Saints player is favourite for the ball or that Carson picks it up because he feels the Saints player is getting there.

Would probably need to watch in more detail though.

Think wotherspoon running passed the keeper makes it seem like he was clear favourite to get the ball.

Keepers foot was outside the box & the ball was in front of that so not really that close.

Is Canning rocking a club turtleneck? Kudos to Hamilton if that was the case. Lends a certain air of smart casuality to the league. Tommy Wright in a safari suit next pls.

Is there a more overrated player in this league than Scott Allan?

I don't think he's overrated, he's a class act at times but can't seem to keep it up for a sustained period.

Did Dundee have Hamilton on to win the game bad finishing or brown envelop

Obviously the Brown Envelope

1 minute ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Is Canning rocking a club turtleneck? Kudos to Hamilton if that was the case. Lends a certain air of smart causuality to the league. Tommy Wright in a safari suit next pls.

If staunch Tommy ever deviates from the blue suit and brown brougues look, he's dead to me.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Did Dundee have Hamilton on to win the game bad finishing or brown envelop

We love a match fix.

Ask the Dundee fans about the Morton game.