Sportscene Watch 19/20

44 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Still canny believe those two jobbers didn't think the Hearts boy deserved a red.

Yep - pretty much the definition of a red card now whether we like it or not (I don't like it TBH). All this pish about "he got the ball" from the Stewart and Thompson based on what was allowed 15 years ago is meaningless drivel - and Levein himself dealt with it very honestly I thought.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Was it offside?

From the match thread. Ball has left players foot and McAllister still clearly on.

Someone said they'd read somewhere that it may have touched the Saints player in the middle (Jackson) on its way through but nobody else (and no Dons fans) have said that.

Anyway, was a pivotal moment in the game, and I'd have thought worth 30 seconds on Sportscene - either to show how good or how bad a decision it was.

IMG_20190217_091512.thumb.jpg.fb218ccf9d4d0f1f4dc116cae2663d93.jpgB

45 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

From the match thread. Ball has left players foot and McAllister still clearly on.

Someone said they'd read somewhere that it may have touched the Saints player in the middle (Jackson) on its way through but nobody else (and no Dons fans) have said that.

Anyway, was a pivotal moment in the game, and I'd have thought worth 30 seconds on Sportscene - either to show how good or how bad a decision it was.

IMG_20190217_091512.thumb.jpg.fb218ccf9d4d0f1f4dc116cae2663d93.jpgB

Just now, pandarilla said:
58 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:
What a shocking decision.

I thought the other saints player flicks it in with his head?

Don't think so. 

Though whoever made that video is being a bit mischievous with it by changing the speed of the video as it passes Jackson :-)

I'd imagine the "goal" wasn't shown due to the fact play was stopped long before he finishes, with the keeper relaxed and defenders not even jogging back. 

Clearly, the decision was wrong, but it's a bit of a stretch to say you should have had a goal.

14 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

I'd imagine the "goal" wasn't shown due to the fact play was stopped long before he finishes, with the keeper relaxed and defenders not even jogging back. 

Clearly, the decision was wrong, but it's a bit of a stretch to say you should have had a goal.

Of course the keeper had stopped at that point, but if the flag hadn't gone up there's not a hope in hell a defender was catching McAllister.

Funny how the breaks go, around about the same time Dundee were having a lucky escape when a penalty decision went their way.

You get one decision and we don't get the other and the gap is 5 points; decisions go the other way and in all likelihood we'd have been level.

Big big 10 minutes in the relegation battle.

21 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

What a shocking decision.

Aye , the ref waving play on  and not awarding the free-kick to the Dons for that blatant foul right at the start of the clip.   Shocking , right enough, but that's Craig Thompson for you. :angel

27 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Was there a Scottish Cup Sportscene on any time last night? According to the guide on my smart tv it was on at 12.30 am, but when I went to record it on my Sony hard disc thingy it was only showing as Bbc news 24.

There was, at 12:45 am on BBC 1. I have Sportscene on series link, but I still had to put that one on record, weird

Just now, alang1993 said:

There was, at 12:45 am on BBC 1. I have Sportscene on series link, but I still had to put that one on record, weird

Thing is, I recorded it at 12.30 anyway, 8 hours worth as it happens (don’t ask). But I zipped through a few chapters and it was just politics and weather. 

I wouldn't even bother. 15 minutes of Rangers v Killie, about another 7 or 8 minutes of analysis and then around 4 minutes of the Highland Derby. 

Edited by RiG

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I wouldn't even bother. 15 minutes of Rangers v Killie, about another 7 or 8 minutes of analysis and then around 4 minutes of the Highland Derby. 

I was pleasantly surprised there was a sportscene on for the 2 games. I really should have known better. 

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

What's happened to Sportscene? The Saturday afternoon programme was ditched yesterday in favour of the English results programme and there doesn't appear to be the usual early evening highlights programme on tonight. Looks like the 10.30pm programme only.

BBC Two Scotland is no more, and the new BBC Scotland channel starting tonight doesn't begin until 7pm so can't broadcast the at the usual time.