Sportscene Watch 19/20

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Celtic vs Airdrie on first as the main game with extended highlights (the vast majority of games will show some, not all, goals) is such a cowardly BBC move.

Sycophantic to the extreme as always. 

I question their decision to be on first, but Celtic v Airdrie isn't "the" main game. They'll also have extended highlights from Auchinleck and Raith.

They had no choice but to give Celtic extended highlights after Premier chose to show them live. They can show three from Saturday...which includes any and all games shown live on either broadcaster. 

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

I question their decision to be on first, but Celtic v Airdrie isn't "the" main game. They'll also have extended highlights from Auchinleck and Raith.

They had no choice but to give Celtic extended highlights after Premier chose to show them live. They can show three from Saturday...which includes any and all games shown live on either broadcaster. 

Wait..what?! They can only show 3 of today's games?

Surely I'm misunderstanding?

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Sorry, that wasn't clear. 

They can show three as "featured" games - multi-camera with on-site commentary. The rest will have 1 or 2 cameras as part of roundups. One might have a "story" which involves wacky camera angles and other such shit.

I'm assuming he means three extended packages. It's also unusual for us to have two TV games on a Saturday.

ETA: I'm not sure what they would've done if Rangers' game went ahead though.

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

Liam Macleod was at Starks Park today so I would say so.

Just now, The Master said:

Sorry, that wasn't clear. 

They can show three as "featured" games - multi-camera with on-site commentary. The rest will have 1 or 2 cameras as part of roundups. One might have a "story" which involves wacky camera angles and other such shit.

Ah, got you! 

Aye I get where you're coming from but when you see the shit other games will get in way of 'highlights' it will makes the boring Celtic pish we had to sit through even more shite.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

I'm assuming he means three extended packages. It's also unusual for us to have two TV games on a Saturday.

ETA: I'm not sure what they would've done if Rangers' game went ahead though.

They'd have had four, because Cowdenbeath v "Rangers" was meant to be yesterday. Paul Mitchell was due to be there.

Having two live Saturday games will probably be more frequent with the new TV deal that gives an extra live game from 4-6.

Just now, Zen Archer said:

Liam Macleod was at Starks Park today so I would say so.

And that was Paul Mitchell as well ;) It was from his Twitter that I knew you guys would have extended highlights.