Sportscene Watch 19/20

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are YouTube highlights also not allowed to be shown until Sportscenes been on?

Its an absolute minter you can't see match highlights, from a Saturday 3 oclock game, until almost 24 hours after the match has finished.

YouTube highlights can go up at midnight for midweek and Sunday games. It's usually 6pm Sunday for Saturday games.

Goals are normally shown on Sky Sports News. They've just done all of tonight's matches before the top of the hour. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Are YouTube highlights also not allowed to be shown until Sportscenes been on?

Its an absolute minter you can't see match highlights, from a Saturday 3 oclock game, until almost 24 hours after the match has finished.

Years ago the SPL tried to sell premium highlights packages that would allow immediate showing of goals. No one wanted them since there are many weekends in the season where Rangers and Celtic are both playing on Sunday making Saturday highlights less appealing. I think clubs have retained those rights so they can sell their own packages.

It is only in the last few seasons that Sportscene has been on early on a Sunday fwiw. So the BBC have actually done a better job of getting the highlights on TV quicker.  I don't think there was always midweek sportscene either iirc

I've always thought the criticism of Sportscene on a Sunday was unfair. There's usually always games on both days at the weekend so showing 4/5 on the Saturday then 1/2 on the Sunday a bit pointless, even if the highlights were more extensive. In a 12 team top division  splitting highlights of games when a full card isn't played in one day would just drag the arse out of the programme. Imagine listening to Michael Stewart talk about one game for half an hour. 

Then again, a programme that's a full card of games being forbidden from being shown that day by whatever subscription channels own the rights is much diddier than anything Sportscene could cook up in that first situation, so I suppose it's moot. 

Saints v Hearts.

- Corner comes in, Davidson fouled, ref blows and books Hearts player, no penalty despite him not giving the foul until the balls in the box.

- Haring, already booked, wipes out a Saints player charging at goal on a counter, foul, no second booking.

- St Johnstone get an absolutely laughable penalty.

Sportscene - Only show one incident, say nothing else about the match, claim Hearts were robbed of three points :lol:

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, The Master said:

Hmm...starting with Celtic v Airdrie is an interesting call.

I know they showed Auchinleck v Ayr live, but that's still the biggest story of the day. 

Normally I'd agree, but I have no real problem with them starting with the cup holder's first game in defence of the trophy.

Although that's probably not the reason they are on first.

Celtic vs Airdrie on first as the main game with extended highlights (the vast majority of games will show some, not all, goals) is such a cowardly BBC move.

Sycophantic to the extreme as always. 

Hmm...starting with Celtic v Airdrie is an interesting call.
I know they showed Auchinleck v Ayr live, but that's still the biggest story of the day. 
Yeah. Can't even give them the excuse of less cameras etc at the game..

No real interest in this game from neutrals.