Sportscene Watch 19/20

Was that MacLean trying to get an opponent sent off?
I look forward to the St Johnstone fans condemning him as they did last to Daz Mackinnon last season at NDP.

MacLean is, and always has been, an absolute c**t of a man when he's playing football. If he didn't play for us I'd despise him.

Pundits showing how little they know about us by questioning why Cummins shat out of an easy chance..

That is fucking pathetic, why not just put the ball in the net? [emoji38]

He's missed every easy chance he's had for about 8 months, he probably thought he'd take the penalty as he'd have more chance of scoring from it. Utterly embarrassing.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This might be my ignorance but...Carson clearly handled outside the box so no arguments there but why is that a red? Didn't seem like a clear goal scoring opportunity to me?

For me it has to be a red. Can't allow keepers just to pick the ball up outside the box to avoid a potential problem. 

No ideal what official rule is though.

This might be my ignorance but...Carson clearly handled outside the box so no arguments there but why is that a red? Didn't seem like a clear goal scoring opportunity to me?

Pretty much. I saw someone on WAP claiming Carson picked the ball up a clear foot outside the box (apparently). Which is clearly not the case.

He's got his hands over the ball, lets it run and going by the stills it looks like at worst the ball is an inch or two off the line. He's still clearly favourite for the ball and the Saints player has never been in possession or control of the ball so it's difficult to see how it could be construed as denying a goal scoring opportunity.

At the very worst it's a misjudgment from Carson and he's picked the ball up a fraction early. I have a feeling that like the Saints fan who was claiming Carson picked it up *well* outside the box the assistant has thought similar when the reality is it was much more marginal than that.

Doesn't change the fact that either Carson or Kipré should just have emptied the ball out the park though.