• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Desp said:

Delighted I spent the best part of your hours driving up for this...

Bet you're delighted now though eh? 

Have to admit I'm slightly envious, just seen pictures of the winner and mini pitch invasion that followed, looked like the very definition of 'absolute scenes'. Fair fucks to you and everyone else that went up though, looks like we took a cracking support all things considered.

Also, fair fucks to Robinson and the team. He said he wanted to change the mentality at the club and there's no doubt in my mind that Motherwell teams of the past would have crumbled in similar circumstances. To lose the lead and go down to 10 men in extra time and still have the fight in you to come back and win takes some doing. Incredible stuff.

Sometimes I fucking love football.

Following a diddy side you occasionally get a moment and tonight was one of them. That was fucking superb.

Big Fisher had a great game when he came on (sitter aside) and Cadden also shone.

Carson had a couple of cracking saves. We'd of lost that 5-3 if Samson was in goals. The penalty looked controversial but I'd need to see the replays back. Our winner may have been offside as well but who cares

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

RIP in peace Fraser x

Is this a massive whoosh or do you genuinely not know that 'RIP' is an abbreviation?

51 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

INCOMEING

Think that's answered it. 

That's me just back. Great #scenes at the winning goal, though no pitch invasion for me as I was in the back row.

Bigi took his goal well (I had a fiver on him first goal on Sunday, but didn't back him tonight obvs) but he sold the jersey for the equaliser.

Cadden followed up excellently for his goal and he deserved it for another superb performance. For the penalty/red card, I'll need to see it again. Despite it being at the end where the away fans were, I was adamant Carson pushed the ball away rather than Dunne.

Incredible composure from MacLean for the winner, sparking the previously mentioned #scenes.

As someone mentioned earlier, Fisher was superb he came on. Granted, he missed an absolute sitter to put us 2-0 ahead, but he didn't let it get him down and he ran himself into the ground. Just needs a Chris Porter-style 'one of the arse' to get him properly going.

Kipre was excellent again and to be fair, Big Ben playing well too. I've been a big critic in the past but he's shown up well this season.

Moult? Seems like the toys are well and truly out the pram. I'd keep him out the team until either he's sold or until the first game after the window shuts. He's no real use to us just now in his constant petulant state.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. What date is the final? Need to the days off work sorted...

That's me just back. Great #scenes at the winning goal, though no pitch invasion for me as I was in the back row.

There's guys jumping that wall who are old enough to know better.
Fair play to them though,a result like that makes the journey worth it.

McHugh bossed it last night, the best player by a good margin, probably followed by Gardyne, Cadden, O'Brien and the centre-back pairings in no order.

It was a stuffy first half, two teams broadly cancelling each other out.  It was 2 x 4141/433 setups at the start, but with Chow going off early O'Brien came on and County pushed Routis up.  Routis was nominally on McHugh but rarely put pressure on him because Routis had so much work to support Chow, who wasn't getting the service in behind (until his goal) and couldn't cope with the centre-backs on his own.

The game opened up nicely and it turned out to be a really entertaining from the second half onwards.

Dunne did well enough until his red card but I thought Plummer looked very good when he was put on.   Fisher doesn't look like he should be playing wide of a 433 but it worked. Curran was superb when he came on and he will make a good partnership with Mckay in due course.

Sean Kelly needs to buck up his ideas at left-back if he isn't going to be replaced by Van der Weg - he is mostly good but switches off and Motherwell's first goal was down to him doddling on the ball, before Cadden ran in a straight line to pull County's defence over.  Kelly gave away two cheap FKs in succession at Dundee in the build up to their consolation.  I thought Fraser might have done better at the first goal too, but then Moult's movement was very good just at the point of the cross going in.  Fraser was mostly outstanding as a sweeper to Davies but the worry is that teams are going to isolate him at the back post like that, especially if the defence breaks down on the left side by Kelly.

I couldn't help but cringe at the pitch invasion.

The venison pie was excellent, we really are spoiled among that and the others they serve :wub:

The Motherwell Twitter feed had said MacLean looked offside for his goal but watching it back there it really is a perfectly timed run. He's well on.

Absolutely delighted for him to get his goal tbh as he's a smashing player. Big Cedric with the through ball as well. Some boy.

An absolutely superb result and what a way to bounce back from Sunday.

We'd have absolutely crumbled at 2-2 with ten men last season so hopefully this is a sign that we'll have some character this season.

A tough game awaits us but a home tie gives us every chance of a trip to Hampden.

Thank God for that. Well done Motherwell, that's a game that we lose nine times out of ten but not this time.
We've no chance against Aberdeen though, it's been a while since we've lost a Cup match to them at Fir Park, looks like we're due another one.
Still, who knows? Anything can happen.

Honestly wish you'd shut the f**k up. Arsehole.

Watched from the 2nd half on periscope, was a really good game. Both teams just going baws oot by the end. What a way to finish. The pitch invasion was warranted in this case I reckon.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

The Motherwell Twitter feed had said MacLean looked offside for his goal but watching it back there it really is a perfectly timed run. He's well on.

Absolutely delighted for him to get his goal tbh as he's a smashing player. Big Cedric with the through ball as well. Some boy.

Aye, from that and the footage I found on periscope there didn't seen any way he was onside having SO much room, but it was perfect.

Fair fucks to the lads over the wall, absolute #scenes

Been highlighted elsewhere, but Robinson's insistence on getting players with 'character', something which I was a bit sceptical about as it comes across as a bit of a soundbite... 

But, yknow, he's on the right track. Since McCall, there's almost no chance we'd have had the last two performances without 'character'. He's doing just fine, for me.

Archived