• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Aye, from that and the footage I found on periscope there didn't seen any way he was onside having SO much room, but it was perfect.

Fair fucks to the lads over the wall, absolute #scenes

Been highlighted elsewhere, but Robinson's insistence on getting players with 'character', something which I was a bit sceptical about as it comes across as a bit of a soundbite... 

But, yknow, he's on the right track. Since McCall, there's almost no chance we'd have had the last two performances without 'character'. He's doing just fine, for me.

Aye, 3 goals in one game from midfielders too. That's a novelty.

It's early days yet and understandably the jury's still out on Robinson but the initial signs suggest that at the very least he's got an idea of what he wants from his team, an idea of how he wants them to play and has recruited accordingly. He's identified where we were lacking and attempted to address those areas not just in a positional sense but in terms of attributes almost to a man you're looking at his signings and ticking boxes: quick, physical, comfortable on the ball. I noticed bunglebonce commenting positively on Plummer which is encouraging. It's notable that he, like Kipré, was someone we've had in on trial first.

I agree completely about the "character" chat, I've been similarly sceptical about it as it really does just sound like "great bunch o' lads" platitudes but there's no doubt in my mind that the teams of the last few seasons would have crumbled in similar scenarios whether it's going a goal down inside 4 minutes to Rangers or getting pegged back and going down to 10 men in extra time.

On Cedric, I'm mindful of United supporters wanting to dish out a 5 year deal to Donaldson & Durnan (or whoever it was) after a couple of games, but seriously...how long do we give it before we're going back to him about an extension on his year deal.

When was the last time we won playing against 10 men? I couldn't have been the only one saying,"oh fuk" when the red card was flashed?
Agree we need another winger and look forward to the big lump from over the bridge, removing the completely anonymous Frenchman from anywhere near the starting 11

3 hours ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

Honestly wish you'd shut the f**k up. Arsehole.

Is that all you have to say after a great victory for your team? Strange.

Fair enough, though no one is forcing you to read my contributions if it bothers you that much; indeed there might even be an 'ignore user' option on these forums.

I don't wish to decry the joy Barry Wilson feels when he witnesses a Ross County defeat whilst broadcasting on BBC Scotland but his reports are beginning to lose any semblance of credibility. Last night he claimed to be writing notes.

Archived