• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute stick on home win here and the only question is how it happens, whether its in regulation time or on penalties but this is a tie we are never winning.

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

You guys have Moult back, he usually enjoys himself when up against us, I'm hopeful of a win but I'm never too confident against 'well.

Sort of. He's certainly there in body but did you see him at the weekend? He's a mile off the pace and only just working his way back to match fitness.

There's probably a decent argument for starting Fisher ahead of him at the moment.

Other than that our team's pretty straightforward and seems to pick itself. There's plenty of scope for flexibility too as we can switch from a 352 to 442 without changing any personnel. The subs available are pretty much like for like.

Carson
Kipré Heneghan Dunne
Tait Cadden McHugh Bigirimana Frear
Tanner Moult/Fisher

Mild concern that tactically we're set up to get the ball out wide and load crosses into the box as I'd think that Davies would have a lovely old time dealing with that. If we're able to get Tanner more involved centrally on the edge of the box then we might have a bit more joy. We've been creating plenty of good chances but not converting them.

Our record up there isn't that bad recently but with the turnover of bodies in our team who knows how we'll play.

I've never been to the Global Energy Stadium before so where's the best place to park?

I'm driving up to this, so looking for an answer to this too. I've only been the once to Dingwall, isn't there a car park at the stadium?

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

I've never been to the Global Energy Stadium before so where's the best place to park?

7 minutes ago, Desp said:

I'm driving up to this, so looking for an answer to this too. I've only been the once to Dingwall, isn't there a car park at the stadium?

Park at Tesco and then walk to the ground (it's a five minute walk). It's usually a bit quicker when it comes to leaving Dingwall as well.

As for the game, hopefully Birgirmana is back. Would like to see a more settled 4-4-2.

Carson

Tait
Kipre
Heneghan
Dunne

Cadden
Bigi
McHugh
Frear

Fisher
Newell

Moult was unfit, and shite, against Rangers so I'd have him on the bench, and give him the last half hour if need be.

Going for us to score late and nick it 2-1.

As for the game, hopefully Birgirmana is back.

Fingers crossed.
I don't know if the extra responsibility affected McHugh yesterday but that was probably his worst game for us.

If we make as many chances as yesterday and don't blow them I'm confident we can progress.

Gambled on a busines trip away before the draw, delighted with an away tie against Ross County, wouldn't have made that mid week anyway.  This will be the game where we gauge ourselves for the season.  We don't win this cup so we have matched my expectations already.

According to Robinson's pre-match Frear's struggling. Obvious replacements would be MacLean in a 442 or Plummer at wing back if we go with 3 at the back.

Bigi's back in the squad as well it seems. So all good on that front.

In the pre-season games Bigi & Tanner looked really good passing the ball around the edge of the box. Will be good to see them playing together in this game. 

I'd like to see more of Fisher. He may not be scoring, but he's a good player for linking things up. I reckon he'll come good in the end.

Archived