Mcbookie.com North Division

burnzie09

Sorry if there's another thread for this league but can't find it if there is. Just wondering what the thoughts were on your teams first game of the season... couple of big wins and a couple of tighter games with a big upset for Dundee North End being arguably the shock of the day.

Early days with squads still settling in, holidays etc. There are always a few eye raising results at the start of the season.
Newburgh and Arbroath Vics both fielded triallist's and they both looked like teams that didn't really know each other too well yet.

I know it's only the first game but I thought Lochore fully deserved the three points against North End. I see we've been cut from 100/1 to 25/1 on the strength of it. Still a very young team at Lochore but massive improvements behind the scenes at Central Park. Another difficult tie at Violet this week though. I'd take 13/2 again

Was a very good showing and totally deserved the win. Lochore looking a much more settled club on and off the park. A know they have made a lot of new signings this season and after Saturdays performance surely they are only going to get stronger as they start to gel as a team. Great support at the game aswell, would be great to see they numbers at every home game and try get some of them away aswell, not easy with the distance to away games but never know.

Arbroath Vics 4 Forfar Albion 2
Blairgowrie 3 Kinnoull 1
Coupar Angus 1 East Craigie 4
Dundee North End 1 Luncarty 1
Dundee Violet 4 Lochore Welfare 2

Newburgh v Lochee Harp I shall abstain and declare a conflict of interest.....

Scone Thistle 3 Brechin Vics 1

Tough one for you guys tomorrow, personally think Lochee could be up there this season, maybe not enough to win the league but certainly could challenge. Toughie for us up at violet aswell but with confidence sky high after last weeks performance who knows. Game of the weekend has to be North End v Luncarty, don't think the dokens will be wanting another loss after last week with Luncarty also looking strong this season. Good tight league this season and can't see anyone really running away with it and possibly 5/6 teams challenging.

Violet 1 - 0 Lochore
Good opening 15/20 mins for the Welfare who created a few good chances but none taken. Once Violet got into the game they started to look more dangerous with the Lochore keeper having a couple of top class saves to keep his team in it. On the whole Lochore didn't create enough clear cut chances to deserve anything from the game. Violet look decent without being spectacular, if they are the benchmark this season then could be a close one.

3 teams left with maximum points after only 2 games shows how competitive this league is going to be. 

Not sure if there will be more than 1 left on max points after this weekends round of fixtures but you never know if football!!

Predictions fo this weekends games - thoughts? - opinions? - your own predictions??

Blairgowrie 2 Luncarty 3       

Brechin Vics 1 Coupar Angus 3       

Dundee North End 1 Dundee Violet 1             

Kinnoull 2 Scone Thistle 1                     

Lochee Harp 4 Forfar Albion 1       

Lochore Welfare 3 Arbroath Vics 2                   

Newburgh v East Craigie – 1 goal in it either way

Think North End will come out on top in the big game of the weekend but should be a close one. Would be great to see us getting another 3 points on the board against Arbroath but will be another hard game against a team who's won both their games so far. Few close games tomorrow, hard to predict.

Glad I didn't put a coupon on my predictions were well off!!
Apart from the 1 goal in it between Newburgh and East Craigie- sadly the odd goal was East Craigie
Good game with Newburgh now looking like a team that suits the system they play
East Craigie will likely be there or there abouts come the pointy end of the season- really difficult to break down and play well as a team without any superstars.

• 1 month later...

Archived