Airdrie vs Arbroath

2 points dropped. Airdrie weren't as bad as originally made out. Tried to play football the majority of the time. We were poor today with a lot of hopeful punts forward. Hamilton was poor, linn faded badly in the 2nd half. Big difference when mccord & swankie came on.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Near side lino had an absolute mare btw, was never up with play for offsides then flagged for offside from a throw-in emoji23.png

Wasn't flagging offside, flagged to get refs attention for there manager for saying something, 

we were 1 up doris puts thro omar should of scored if he did game over .yule again give the ball away to often at this level . denholm should of got hooked does he ever get his head up linn and doris at times going ape shit at him. saying all this we were so much better than airdrie worry for them

Thought the majority of the team played well but McIntosh had a poor game and should've been subbed.
No idea how we didn't get a penalty for the fouls on both Ryan and Loudon but Arbroath were better the better team for the majority of the game so would've been harsh on them to go behind. A points a fair result given how both teams played, hopefully we continue to take 3 points from Cliftonhill next week.

On today's showing we have major problems. Midfield is terrible. The trialist adds nothing. McIntosh is very promising. He has good ball skills. However, today he was awful. I lost count of the times he was taken to the cleaners. Stewart always has one or two exciting runs but his distribution is woeful. Russell has shown he has an eye for goal but his first touch is very poor. Loudon keeps tripping over the ball or his own feet.

The team are very young and they put in 100% effort but whoever the coach will be has a lot of work to do.

Incidentially, reading Dalziel's column in the programme would suggest that he's not done with us yet.

5 minutes ago, Airdrie00 said:

Thought the majority of the team played well but McIntosh had a poor game and should've been subbed.
No idea how we didn't get a penalty for the fouls on both Ryan and Loudon but Arbroath were better the better team for the majority of the game so would've been harsh on them to go behind. A points a fair result given how both teams played, hopefully we continue to take 3 points from Cliftonhill next week.

Yes  I thought Stewart and Mcintosh had a poorish game in that Bobby Linn looked almost as good as he did many seasons ago. The manager did switch Stewart to RB and eventually Linn ran out of puff but McIntosh did not look comfortable in right mid. Ferguson saved us at the crucial time and many others, but the slip through his legs nearly undid all that. We were never really in it for long spells but might well have stolen a win with the Ryan penalty shout. He scored a tremendous goal and the header in first half was so near! ( too near the goalie said some but I thought it was a great save). Liked Doris up front for them yet again and Kadir must be regretting that missed chance .Doris gave Brownlie a hard time. A point might well be the start to set us up for the 5 goal Rovers next week. Liked Loudon's combativeness and Leighton crossed in some good balls but our midfield struggled. Brown did put in a good shift so maybe he has listened to the new guy. The young Arbroath standees had an inventive repartee of "songs" but I don't think Airdrie was ever a Glasgow overspill.

we were 1 up doris puts thro omar should OF scored if he did game over .yule again give the ball away to often at this level . denholm should OF got hooked does he ever get his head up linn and doris at times going ape shit at him. saying all this we were so much better than airdrie worry for them

Firstly, should HAVE.
Secondly, you were not so much better. There really wasn't much in it as the scoreline reflects.

On the Airdrie performance, I'm very disappointed in Conroy who, as the senior player in the side and captain to boot, really needs to up his game. Did next to nothing today.

4 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Firstly, should HAVE.
Secondly, you were not so much better. There really wasn't much in it as the scoreline reflects.

On the Airdrie performance, I'm very disappointed in Conroy who, as the senior player in the side and captain to boot, really needs to up his game. Did next to nothing today.

I agree about Conroy. I wonder whether we have so little else in midfield that it's too much for him to do it on his own?

5 minutes ago, bbbbb said:

Start from the ball sac and wipe backwards..discard and flush.

Following on from bbbbb's post, the first half was utter keick.

McIntosh was poor and Arbroath (rightly so) exploited the weakness in both halves.  The midfield and the captain disappeared for long stretches too - Conroy has the head but no pace and disappeared again. And the defence at the end lost it too many times to give potential goal scoring opportunities Positives - Other than the one mistake, our keeper was excellent, kept us in the game - and as confident as I have seen him. Brown, a talented lad no question, tried to win a couple 50/50 balls - much better than last week. Ryan - lovely goal and should have got a penalty.

We started the game to flat today. I felt Loudon could consider himself to be unfortunate to be on the bench and not starting. The introduction of Loudon and with Brown improving as the game wore on we looked more of a threat in the second half going forward and also Ryan was getting on the ball more in the second half. The game was pretty open and either side could have won it in the end however if i was Abroath fan i would be cursing Ferguson he was outstanding today he made one daft mistake and he was lucky to get away with it but his overall performance today was big improvement on last season his kicking/ decision making/ taking crosses/ shot stopping were all top notch today if Rohan didn't have such a good game we would have lost today motm well deserved. 

Archived