Airdrie vs Arbroath

42 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Not hearing good things out of Airdrie these days. Will they survive the season?

Apparently there's a gap in our budgets of about £2 so it's touch and go.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Because a poorly run club doesn't deserve £16, live within your means, don't overcharge your punters to see Arbroath Reject Andy Ryan and a few young lads 

"Deserve"?  Ah, it's a moral judgement you're making here, not an economic one.  Because the club is "poorly run" (whatever that means specifically) the price should lower?  Do well run clubs get to charge more as a premium for their inherent virtue?

I can't think of any business which runs this way - they usually charge the price the market will bear for the service they provide and which will let them cover their costs or even make a profit.  £16 for an adult ticket isn't a question of morality.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Should we get a whip round to try raise the £2 for him?

A whip round from you hahahah

You can use the what ever money you raise to get a book and learn a few new shouts that aren't. 

"You horrible c**t"

Clearly the Andy Ryan shout was a piss take, but I forget you being a top boi you think your only one that that looks for bites,  

Having worked on my budget for this forthcoming season and managed to get to a break even stage factoring in the increased travel costs and entry fees I tried to donate 50 pence but that fucking site only allows minimum donations of 2 quid.
2 fucking quid which is quite ironic. So I've donated f**k all other than my concern for the mental wellbeing of lichtiekev.

I see some bookies have Arbroath as marginal favourites to win away at Airdrie. Changed days. 

In the last 10 meetings going back 15 year it's been

Airdrie - 4 wins

Arbroath - 3 wins

Draws - 3

So not really overly surprising.

We got a pumping or two in the old first division at the turn of the century but everyone was dishing them out to us that season and before then we hadn't played since the 80s.

Whether you pay £10, £12, £14, or £16 to go to watch a match at this level, unless you get a good supporters coach deal/car share, surely you can easily spend a fair chunk of money in travelling to away games. Roadworks/diversions could cost more than £2 on it's own. I know it doesn't work out that cheap when I take a game or 2 in, a couple of quid doesn't stop me.(partly my fault living so far away)

Don't usually look at admission prices anyway tbh, even when taking in a Scottish Prem match.

Archived