Peterhead v Elgin City 12/08/2017

4 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

It was announced during the City v Cowdenbeath game that our next match away to Peterhead is a ticket only game with no paying at the gate. Anyone know the Jackanory with that?

You buy a ticket at the ticket office. Don't know why they don't just let you pay at the gate.

You buy you ticket at the wee office outside the ground and then go to the gate. I don't know what the problem is we have been doing this for a few seasons and not had any problems. Plus it saves queues going across the car park like they used to.

16 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

You buy you ticket at the wee office outside the ground and then go to the gate. I don't know what the problem is we have been doing this for a few seasons and not had any problems. Plus it saves queues going across the car park like they used to.

Fair enough. You haven't been in the same division as us for a couple of seasons or so.

Fair enough. You haven't been in the same division as us for a couple of seasons or so.

To be honest I thought it was nonsense when they started it but it seems to work out OK. Looking forward to Elgin coming down as I missed the cup game for work. Nice to have another 'local' team to play.

1 hour ago, gordon9736 said:

It was announced during the City v Cowdenbeath game that our next match away to Peterhead is a ticket only game with no paying at the gate. Anyone know the Jackanory with that?

It's been like that for a while. The announcer advised fans to get a ticket from Elgin and not to travel without a ticket. Doesn't make any sense.

Someone getting confused?

It's been like that for a while. The announcer advised fans to get a ticket from Elgin and not to travel without a ticket. Doesn't make any sense.
Someone getting confused?

That can't be right. Even for the Hearts game they said there would be some tickets on the night for away fans. Don't think we are expecting a sell out.

def0a08f7a992ff03091d74a597495d6.jpg

A ticket only league 2 game, I've seen it all now

All our games are ticket only,already mentioned just buy 1 from the wee ticket office ,this is the first time ive heard us sending them to the other club unless its a prem team

Tickets possibly offered to Elgin in advance to avoid ticket office congestion on the day. Elgin poster slightly misleading as tickets definitely will be readily available on the day.

Peterhead appear to be trying to address the issue of fans arriving at 5 to 3 then complaining about missing kick off cause they havnt bought their tickets.

Also now policy that you can't get into the bar at Balmoor prematch unless you've purchased your ticket. A couple of times last season there were lengthy delays caused by punters coming out of the bar at 5 to 3 expecting to have time to go and buy a ticket and still make kick off time. 

System seems to be working quite well!

13 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

What's wrong with paying at gate like every where else. It's not as though Balmoor is at bursting point on match days. Whatever the reason it's not working very well if folk are missing ko because of it.

Get your arse to the ground in time and there won't be a problem.  Turn up at 14:58 and it's your own fault.

4 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

Pretensions of being a big team. We've already got Clyde in this league.

Since Elgin tried to sell more tickets than their ground holds, it is clear which team has delusions of grandeur ;)

I would suggest folk in club have got their arse to the ground in good time, spending more of their hard earned cash in your club, swelling Rogers coffers, then not getting in your ground through some daft scheme.

Least we managed to sell 4000+ tickets. Oops.

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

I would suggest folk in club have got their arse to the ground in good time, spending more of their hard earned cash in your club, swelling Rogers coffers, then not getting in your ground through some daft scheme.

Least we managed to sell 4000+ tickets. Oops.

ahem

On 07/08/2017 at 22:45, Dunderheid said:

Tickets possibly offered to Elgin in advance to avoid ticket office congestion on the day. Elgin poster slightly misleading as tickets definitely will be readily available on the day.

Peterhead appear to be trying to address the issue of fans arriving at 5 to 3 then complaining about missing kick off cause they havnt bought their tickets.

Also now policy that you can't get into the bar at Balmoor prematch unless you've purchased your ticket. A couple of times last season there were lengthy delays caused by punters coming out of the bar at 5 to 3 expecting to have time to go and buy a ticket and still make kick off time. 

System seems to be working quite well!

As for selling 4000+ tickets:

Elgin v Rangers 22 December 2012 - Attendance: 3448
Elgin v Rangers 16 March 2013 - Attendance: 3663

Peterhead v Rangers 11 August 2012 - Attendance 4485
Peterhead v Rangers 20 January 2013 - Attendance 4885

:thumsup2

1 minute ago, NewBlue said:

Holy shit, a L2 crowdwank. I thought they were just for Hearts and Pars fans.

Not a crowdwank, just found it amusing that a club that can't count tickets have supporters claiming that they can sell 4000+ tickets.

30 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Anyone interested in the game itself?

Aye, me. I'm hoping for a repeat of the 3-0 win against Elgin in the Betfred Cup 2 weeks ago. Peterhead will be favourites to win but Elgin always make it difficult for us and a narrow victory will be good enough. We must do better at home this season if we are to have any chance of getting promoted.

Archived