Hamilton Academical VS Dundee

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank fck the Dundee strikers had their boots on the wrong feet. We were determined to gift them a goal, especially early in the 1st half. Boyd's goal and general play was very good again today. I hope he gets a good run in the team as he's thriving from it at the moment. Just need to find that clinical finisher to play along side him and we'll be fine. This was a important win for us with a difficult trip to Easter Rd coming up next week, so good to gets some points on the board early doors. Woods deserved his MoTM. Made himself big with some important blocks. That penalty from Allen though. :lol: Could he have scooped it any higher? Anyway, 3 points in the bag and a break from the drivel that gobshite NDD spouts for a while (hopefully) Happy days! :)

Fair play to Hamilton today, were much the better team and deserved 3 points.

As for us, where to fucking start. From start to finish it was an absolute shambles. We had no shape, and I don't think we closed down a Hamilton player once. Haber was pish and hardly one a header all day. El Bak just ran around with his dick between his legs and it just looked like nobody could be arsed. I'm sick of O'Dea as well, if it was up to me he wouldn't play another minute. Waddell and Hendry are our best pairing at the back. I know it's very early but from what i've seen Allan is the most overrated player I have ever seen.

From what I've just wrote it might come across that I'm absolutely seething but for some reason I'm actually not. Hamilton were well organised and wanted it much more than us and they fully deserved the three points so no complaints.

The match itself was the least enjoyable I have ever been to. Felt like a Sunday league game. Flat atmosphere, flat performance and neither teams could string 3 passes together. Least enjoyable game of football I've ever been to and it has nothing to do with the result.

so you think if we had someone in there in place of McGowan it would have been a better result?  come on to f**k the biggest issue is the lack of a goal scorer. We are missing Stewart and Hemmings goals badly. Since they left we have been fucked.

someone that adds more than McGowan beyond running around then yes I do. Its not enough at this level. We are fucked due to those loses - I agree, continuing with the likes of Gowser doesnt take us forward in any way at all. Stretching a point here I know but Celtic not only have high scoring forwards but also players in midfield that add to that goal tally. We have none at either area of the team. Gowser (not just him) gives little return.

The midfield and goalkeeper were excellent today, defence was a bit shaky with Donati and Sarris seemly wanting to give Dundee a goal, thankfully they couldn't got a barn door. Seen a picture of the Argentinian at the game (forget his name) so looks like it's only a matter of time.

Great to get some points on the board, and build some confidence for Easter road

The midfield and goalkeeper were excellent today, defence was a bit shaky with Donati and Sarris seemly wanting to give Dundee a goal, thankfully they couldn't got a barn door. Seen a picture of the Argentinian at the game (forget his name) so looks like it's only a matter of time.
Great to get some points on the board, and build some confidence for Easter road

Who is he

On 06/08/2017 at 20:59, Dundee-FC92 said:

I'll join Rodger in that if Dundee get beat i'll depart p&b until further notice.

The stinging minter of getting beat by a pub team like Hamilton will destruct the non deluded one. 

Thankfully, there's absolutely no chance of loss.

Thank you.

End of an era IMO.

Well, that was rather unexpected.
Although Dundee had numerous chances, most of them seemed to be gift wrapped due to utter suicidal defending by Sarris and Donati mainly. Donati in particular is an utter liability most of the time. It's almost as if he tries to pass the ball straight to the opposition for the LOLS. We look very uncomfortable when leading a game, and panic like f**k when in possession.
Longridge had an absolute nightmare when he came on. A hilariously bad performance.
Crawford was quiet, and his free kick when out on the right wing in the second half that he punted straight out for a goal kick was a real WTF moment.
Now for the positives. Boyd was very good, and took his goal well.
MacKinnon bossed the midfield, and Docherty was a bundle of energy. The whole team worked hard and closed down brilliantly.
Woods had some fantastic saves, despite looking a bit ropey at cross balls.
If Templeton can stay fit then he's going to be a very important player for us this season.
No strikers and still score 3? Decent.
Dundee will be fine this season. If El Bak scores those early chances then it's a very different game. I was shitting myself every time he got the ball as he's got the ability to ping one in from anywhere. Haber looks like the sort of giant lump that we need up front. Sarris struggled to cope with him in the first half. Kamara looks decent, but seems to be out of position a lot of the time. McGowan looked similar to his time at Accies. Lots of running about but ineffective.
Despite all the hype about Scott Allan, I thought he was very poor, as he was in the two derbies. Couple of outrageous dives today as well. Also thought Kerr was lucky to stay on the park.
Need to see the Dundee penalty again as it initially looked very soft.
Would say adios to NDD but he'll still be here one way or another. He needs this place. Although maybe he'll do what he did last season and stop supporting Dundee because they've lost a couple of games?

giphy.gif

Actually agree with everything you've said. Other than us being ok!! Good assessment.

I was disappointed in Crawford too. I expected him to be more dangerous. Also when we changed to 433 in the second half Gowser became a sitting midfielder which is not really his game.

Most sensible Dees I was talking to before the game knew we had to be right up for this as it's usually bloody difficult at NDP and you didn't let us down [emoji51][emoji26][emoji17][emoji4]

On 06/08/2017 at 20:59, Dundee-FC92 said:

I'll join Rodger in that if Dundee get beat i'll depart p&b until further notice.

The stinging minter of getting beat by a pub team like Hamilton will destruct the non deluded one. 

Thankfully, there's absolutely no chance of loss.

Thank you.

giphy.gif

In the tune of The Stranglers classic:;..

What ever happened to...

All the arseholes,....

All of the boreholes....

They took a shite turn.......

What ever happened to NDD...............

What ever happened to NDD...............

No more NDD any more.....

No more NDD any more.....

Archived