Dundee United vs Queen of the South

All the big decisions correct from the ref so fair play to him.

Complete stupidity from McMullan. Rooney warranted his yellow, nothing more. He stills looks highly suspect defensively. Hippolyte will be the next one to tear him apart.

Not a penalty for me. I'd put a lot of money on him not receiving any contact at all there and it's based entirely on his reaction; if you get contact in the face, even so slightly then your automatic reaction is to touch where you were connected, not hit the deck.

Harsh to blame Martin for the goal. The ball came through two bodies and given Jacobs had slid I imagine he never saw it until it was almost past him. We really should have dealt with it before the shot was taken.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

If he's anticipated contact, initiated contact, or exaggerated contact, then it's simulation.

Lets be honest, though, if the first and last of those were applied consistently 75% of fouls given would actually be bookings for simulation

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

I used to be a fan of the Edge but he needs bombed out of that team. Complete bombscare

I thought he defended pretty well. Hes not great on the ball but dealt with everything defensively. I didnt see it at the time but his touch on Dobbies through ball makes Kane have to slow down and wait on the ball before shooting. If he doesnt, the keeper isnt as close and theres a good chance Kane scores.

The defending for all three goals was poor though. Rooney gets roasted by McMullan but then Fordyce doesnt cut out the near post, Brownlie gets caught in no mans land, neither closing the near post or picking up McDonald and Marshall doesnt react to that to come inside to McDonald

It was an awful free kick in the lead up the Queens goal but then a poor headed clearance. The ball back into the box was nothing special but the Utd defence couldnt deal with it nor clear the bobbling ball in the box before Fordyce shoots. No one really gets close to blocking the shot either

Then Brownlie gets rolled in the build up to the winner and never gets back into position. Jacobs and Rankin are caught too high and while Rooney does well to track King into the box, his attempt to block the shot is really weak.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

All the big decisions correct from the ref so fair play to him.

Complete stupidity from McMullan. Rooney warranted his yellow, nothing more. He stills looks highly suspect defensively. Hippolyte will be the next one to tear him apart.

Not a penalty for me. I'd put a lot of money on him not receiving any contact at all there and it's based entirely on his reaction; if you get contact in the face, even so slightly then your automatic reaction is to touch where you were connected, not hit the deck.

Harsh to blame Martin for the goal. The ball came through two bodies and given Jacobs had slid I imagine he never saw it until it was almost past him. We really should have dealt with it before the shot was taken.

The only people blaming Martin are those with agendas.

Im not convinced its a penalty. As I said last night though booking Kane was harsh, particularly as he'd let Keatings and King away without punishment. Still think an indirect free kick for dangerous play would have been the right decision. I hate to use the old cliche but anywhere else on the pitch thats what the referee would have given

13 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Are folk still peddling this "if there was contact" nonsense? If the player threw himself to the ground, as he clearly did, then it's a free kick and a booking. 

13 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well, no, not if he's first kicked in the face it isn't.

Certainly looks that way.

The implication was there as you were responding directly to that comment.

Perhaps if you were a little clearer in your wording there would be no ambiguity.

24 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Then Brownlie gets rolled in the build up to the winner

The word you are looking for there is "fouled" not "rolled".

3 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Certainly looks that way.

The implication was there as you were responding directly to that comment.

Perhaps if you were a little clearer in your wording there would be no ambiguity.

I responded to the perennial "contact isnt necessarily a foul" comment by pointing out if he was kicked in the face it IS a foul (and a penalty). I dont know if there is contact or not. It looks like there might be and he said there was.

48 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The word you are looking for there is "fouled" not "rolled".

Yeah, maybe. I dont think there was a huge amount in it, to be honest. There was a lot of physical stuff going on between McDonald and, in particular, Fordyce that the ref let go, so Im not surprised, or that bothered, that he didnt give a foul there.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Lets be honest, though, if the first and last of those were applied consistently 75% of fouls given would actually be bookings for simulation

I thought he defended pretty well. Hes not great on the ball but dealt with everything defensively. I didnt see it at the time but his touch on Dobbies through ball makes Kane have to slow down and wait on the ball before shooting. If he doesnt, the keeper isnt as close and theres a good chance Kane scores.

The defending for all three goals was poor though. Rooney gets roasted by McMullan but then Fordyce doesnt cut out the near post, Brownlie gets caught in no mans land, neither closing the near post or picking up McDonald and Marshall doesnt react to that to come inside to McDonald

It was an awful free kick in the lead up the Queens goal but then a poor headed clearance. The ball back into the box was nothing special but the Utd defence couldnt deal with it nor clear the bobbling ball in the box before Fordyce shoots. No one really gets close to blocking the shot either

Then Brownlie gets rolled in the build up to the winner and never gets back into position. Jacobs and Rankin are caught too high and while Rooney does well to track King into the box, his attempt to block the shot is really weak.

The only people blaming Martin are those with agendas.

Im not convinced its a penalty. As I said last night though booking Kane was harsh, particularly as he'd let Keatings and King away without punishment. Still think an indirect free kick for dangerous play would have been the right decision. I hate to use the old cliche but anywhere else on the pitch thats what the referee would have given

That's not the case at all regarding Martin he was static for both goals, no fault of his own he's carrying an injury.

Disappointing not to get anything from the game with them playing near enough an hour with 10 men. Plenty to be optimistic about though and no reason we can't get a play-off spot.

39 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Disappointing not to get anything from the game with them playing near enough an hour with 10 men. Plenty to be optimistic about though and no reason we can't get a play-off spot.

I thought there was only one relegation play-off spot.

Oh, wait...

Just kidding lads.

Archived