'C'mon the Mo' 2017-18

9 hours ago, mo83 said:
11 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:
Think you might have another one. Still plenty snow in Cowdenbeath.
still, you seem to be able to get oriam no problem on a Saturday.  I wonder how that is ?

Am sure Ross is Executive Director at oriam their was a good piece about him in the courier a few weeks back.Am not too sure if the league would let us play the match their if central park was still goosed in all fairness but good idea.The facilities at oriam look amazing but can't see it happening unfortunately.

I read that interview with Ross it was quite good. Think Lex might be talking about last Saturday when the Mo played the Smokies in a closed door game at the Oriam. Must have been in the morning as Heriots played a rugby game there in the afternoon. We along with Edinburgh City normally train there so maybe both us and City were gazumped last week trying to book it on the Saturday.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh well, that was a wasted journey!  Just goes to show you should never trust a pitch inspection. At 9am it was on - then another pitch inspection at 12 noon and it was off.  As I was already over the Forth Bridge (or is it the Sixth Bridge now) I thought might as well carry on in case another pitch inspection at 2pm deemed it was playable after all. Quite honestly when I got there and ventured out on to the edge of pitch (gates were open and nobody around) it looked Ok to me, grass was even short and I've seen games played in worse conditions especially at Central Park. 

Top marks to the ground staff though for trying to get it on and I suppose as it was chucking it down when I was there it might not have seen the 90 minutes out anyway. Arrived back home safely!

Oh well, that was a wasted journey!  Just goes to show you should never trust a pitch inspection. At 9am it was on - then another pitch inspection at 12 noon and it was off.  As I was already over the Forth Bridge (or is it the Sixth Bridge now) I thought might as well carry on in case another pitch inspection at 2pm deemed it was playable after all. Quite honestly when I got there and ventured out on to the edge of pitch (gates were open and nobody around) it looked Ok to me, grass was even short and I've seen games played in worse conditions especially at Central Park. 
Top marks to the ground staff though for trying to get it on and I suppose as it was chucking it down when I was there it might not have seen the 90 minutes out anyway. Arrived back home safely!
Respect!!

18 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

It was heavy rain all morning  from what I was told by someone who was there it was ok at 9 but the rain was non stop all morning and a second inspection was called at 12 with puddles on the pitch the ref put the game on.

The pitch must have took some amount of water over the week as there were 8 inches of snow on it on Monday morning as shown in the picture.

Central Park on Monday.JPG

Tough two games coming up for Montrose starting tonight against Annan.Would take any sort of a win we need 3 points it's as simple as that.Annan frustrated us last time especially the goalkeeper if I remember correct and it will be a hard game but confident we can go and do this tonight.

A nervous performance - and that was only the crowd!
Need Matty Allan back in the back four as Terry Masson looked far better in midfield second half.
Yeah Matty back would be a big bonus back for saturday......So would Cammy Ballantyne to be fair for the final few weeks of the season.

8 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I may as well just leave this here...

I couldn't make the game, but was Cammy the mystery trialist?

I think Laszlo, the United gaffer is humming and hawing about letting Cammy join the Mo on loan.

As have said before, would be a real boost to the Mo's campaign, if he was allowed to leave United till the end of the season.

Commentary at around 7.00 minutes: "Dillon: plays the ball out. Here's Cammy Balantyne. Good play by Montrose."

Presumably "Cammy" is in fact "Ross"?

1 hour ago, Brummo said:

I think Laszlo, the United gaffer is humming and hawing about letting Cammy join the Mo on loan.

As have said before, would be a real boost to the Mo's campaign, if he was allowed to leave United till the end of the season.

Commentary at around 7.00 minutes: "Dillon: plays the ball out. Here's Cammy Balantyne. Good play by Montrose."

Presumably "Cammy" is in fact "Ross"?

Yeah, that's what confused me. I wasn't sure if the commentator got it wrong or not.

Archived