'C'mon the Mo' 2017-18

38 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Been superb since he became manager at links park,Players seem to love him aswell.
Just have to look at how far he has brought us since he became boss!we were bottom of the league staring at relegation again.I also think ross campbell has done well in helping him aswell along with jim butter its a team effort but sp will get the praise.Would love to actually see his win ratio.....

Played 59 Won 30 Drawn 15 Lost 14 Win Rate 50.85 according to his wikki.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Played 59 Won 30 Drawn 15 Lost 14 Win Rate 50.85 according to his wikki.

Just had a look on Soccerbase and worked it out as 

Played 61 Won 30 Drawn 17 Lost 14

Whoever compiled it on Wikki missed out 2 draws. I think i'm right in saying his 1st game in charge was a 2-1 win over Clyde after getting beat 4-1 to Elgin the previous week with John Holt in charge?

Off his 14 defeats 3 were in this season's League Cup against Hibs, Ross County and the Smokies, 2 Challenge Cup and Scottish Cup defeats from QOS and a play off semi final defeat from Peterhead. So 6 of his 14 defeats have come from a side in a higher league and 4 of them against full time sides.

Edited to add 

Soccerbase has the Challenge Cup win at Ayr down as a draw although of course the Mo won on penalties so it should really be 31 wins and 16 draws as you have to count the game as a win even on penalties!

Impressive record anyway!

Just had a look on Soccerbase and worked it out as 
Played 61 Won 30 Drawn 17 Lost 14
Whoever compiled it on Wikki missed out 2 draws. I think i'm right in saying his 1st game in charge was a 2-1 win over Clyde after getting beat 4-1 to Elgin the previous week with John Holt in charge?
Off his 14 defeats 3 were in this season's League Cup against Hibs, Ross County and the Smokies, 2 Challenge Cup and Scottish Cup defeats from QOS and a play off semi final defeat from Peterhead. So 6 of his 14 defeats have come from a side in a higher league and 4 of them against full time sides.
Edited to add 
Soccerbase has the Challenge Cup win at Ayr down as a draw although of course the Mo won on penalties so it should really be 31 wins and 16 draws as you have to count the game as a win even on penalties!
Impressive record anyway!

Cheers!!

17 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Alright lads. How do you rate Stewart Petrie as manager? The man is a Pars legend as a player. Do you think he could step up a level or two as a manager?

Good luck in the title race!

On the verge of binning Johnston are yous? F**k.

No way he could resist the pull of EEP if asked, and I wouldn't be surprised if his efforts are being noticed - he has taken an underperforming bottom end of the league squad off the floor and got them working with the odd canny acquisition thrown in. Lots of potential, yes.

Hands off for now though, ya basturts.

28 minutes ago, Scorge said:

On the verge of binning Johnston are yous? F**k.

No way he could resist the pull of EEP if asked, and I wouldn't be surprised if his efforts are being noticed - he has taken an underperforming bottom end of the league squad off the floor and got them working with the odd canny acquisition thrown in. Lots of potential, yes.

Hide contents

Hands off for now though, ya basturts.

Nothing from the club to say they're thinking of binning Johnston, but his record is poor and it's very unlikely we'll reach the playoffs. Fans are starting to become increasingly unhappy with him as well.

SP has a very secure job and would be very surprised if he took the risk with a step up to full time. Really worry about some teams expectations. Dunfermline should be happy where they are as they are not of Premiership level at the moment

Well the whole point of a new manager would be to push them on to Premiership level surely?Just like when SP took over at Links you weren’t top end League Two level and now are?

I meant outside of football lichtie78. Sure he works in a bank and would be risky leaving there when he may get the boot 3-6 months later at Dunfermline the way they go through managers
Really depends on personal ambitions

Fair play. Big risk for players and managers and sometimes us part timers benefit big time from it.

21 hours ago, hellohellohowdoudo said:

I meant outside of football lichtie78. Sure he works in a bank and would be risky leaving there when he may get the boot 3-6 months later at Dunfermline the way they go through managers

Really depends on personal ambitions

The way we go through managers? What are you on about? Alan Johnston has been here for over 2 and half years. John Potter was only in post a few months, but before him Jim Jefferies had nearly 3 seasons combines in charge. Prior to him Jim McIntyre had 5 years.

So in the last 10 years we've had all of 4 managers.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The way we go through managers? What are you on about? Alan Johnston has been here for over 2 and half years. John Potter was only in post a few months, but before him Jim Jefferies had nearly 3 seasons combines in charge. Prior to him Jim McIntyre had 5 years.

So in the last 10 years we've had all of 4 managers.

Dunfermline do give managers more time than others but I can see the Mo fans point that it is a big risk to give up a good steady regular job to become a full time football manager , same if your a player I suppose.

Some folk would take the chance if it was really an ambition of theirs to do it I suppose others would maybe stick to part time and the steady job. Very much down to the person.

12 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Dunfermline do give managers more time than others but I can see the Mo fans point that it is a big risk to give up a good steady regular job to become a full time football manager , same if your a player I suppose.

Some folk would take the chance if it was really an ambition of theirs to do it I suppose others would maybe stick to part time and the steady job. Very much down to the person.

Aye I can see the risk as well. Steven Aitken for example has had chances to go full time before but has remained part time as he has a good job away from football and won't risk it.

1 hour ago, MOFOREVER said:

The Annan game is re-arranged for this coming Tuesday. 13/March. Long midweek game for some of us - was hoping it might be early April in the lighter nights.

Think you might have another one. Still plenty snow in Cowdenbeath.

still, you seem to be able to get oriam no problem on a Saturday.  I wonder how that is ?

what?

Is Oriam not the indoor football pitch that Ross Campbell works at? Assuming he's pulling a few strings to make sure we get a slot when we need it. Good lad.

43 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Is Oriam not the indoor football pitch that Ross Campbell works at? Assuming he's pulling a few strings to make sure we get a slot when we need it. Good lad.

It is. It's literally 5 minutes drive from my house and had I known it was on I might have tried to get in to watch, assuming it wasn't closed doors.

Think you might have another one. Still plenty snow in Cowdenbeath.
still, you seem to be able to get oriam no problem on a Saturday.  I wonder how that is ?
Am sure Ross is Executive Director at oriam their was a good piece about him in the courier a few weeks back.Am not too sure if the league would let us play the match their if central park was still goosed in all fairness but good idea.The facilities at oriam look amazing but can't see it happening unfortunately.

Archived