'C'mon the Mo' 2017-18

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No match thread for the Berwick game and I'm not gonna start one. They are mainly very quiet all of a sudden which is much more respectful as Berwick Rangers are actually a nice wee football club and usually look after us very well. Great bar etc. facilities just outside the ground as well. The P'Heid fans were telling me on Tuesday night at Annan that Berwick are nowadays nearly all 6 foot plus lads so the game is likely to be an aerial battle no doubt in a gale force wind on a muddy pitch with long grass.  Still, whoever wins will no doubt deserve it provided the referee doesn't take centre stage. 

Hope we can keep this going tomorrow. Cammy Ballantyne not in the utd squad again tonight I see.Bring him home for the last quarter of the season sp,what a boost that would be to the team.

Yes Cammy would make a difference as it would mean two great over-lapping wing backs and we could also focus more on midfield with Terry and Jamie supporting the front two. Thought Gary had a decent game yesterday but I do wish he was more aware of the offside rule! Missed Craig Johnston as an impact sub as he'd have been very useful yesterday.

Yes Cammy would make a difference as it would mean two great over-lapping wing backs and we could also focus more on midfield with Terry and Jamie supporting the front two. Thought Gary had a decent game yesterday but I do wish he was more aware of the offside rule! Missed Craig Johnston as an impact sub as he'd have been very useful yesterday.
How long is Matty Alan out for he has been terrific this season?

1 hour ago, mo83 said:
2 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

How long is Matty Alan out for he has been terrific this season?

With a plaster on it's gonna be about 3 weeks minimum I reckon.

On 23/02/2018 at 19:46, maz1974 said:

It's in our own hands now.....  

Oops!

We need a boost for the final quarter. Last night's result wasn't wholly unexpected but still a pity to drop to second.

Just hoping Stuart Petrie gets his tactics spot on against Annan and the team don't let him down.

Game against Annan must be in doubt looking at the weather forecast. Even with super hero groundsman Ronnie Marquis there might well be more than just a wee bit of snow around. Looks like stopping me from travelling on Saturday as 200 miles through dodgy road conditions doesn't look sensible even to me.

25 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Any updates on tomorrow's game?

Hoping it goes ahead. Suppose, a lot depends on roads, even if the pitch is playable. Would relish the opportunity to go top again if it does go ahead and we don't lose.

23 hours ago, marco44 said:

Tomorrow’s game Montrose v Annan has been cancelled

Sensible decision. Photo of the pitch on club website taken just before Ronnie Marquis was there with his shovel thinking about making a start - but thought better of it and put the kettle on instead (not on the pitch I should add!). Oh, and slight correction to above. The game hasn't been cancelled, it's just been postponed but know what you mean. 

Alright lads. How do you rate Stewart Petrie as manager? The man is a Pars legend as a player. Do you think he could step up a level or two as a manager?

Good luck in the title race!

Alright lads. How do you rate Stewart Petrie as manager? The man is a Pars legend as a player. Do you think he could step up a level or two as a manager?
Good luck in the title race!
Been superb since he became manager at links park,Players seem to love him aswell.
Just have to look at how far he has brought us since he became boss!we were bottom of the league staring at relegation again.I also think ross campbell has done well in helping him aswell along with jim butter its a team effort but sp will get the praise.Would love to actually see his win ratio.....

Archived