'C'mon the Mo' 2017-18

On 1/23/2018 at 14:36, Brother Blades said:

Mo fans, what’s your thoughts on the OF (deceased), possibly having Colt teams in L2 as early as next season? I’m totally against the idea & I know that@Ivo Den Biemen has been pretty vociferous in his opposition to it on another thread.
What’s the consensus on here, I’ve heard the board are in favour, for a measly (maximum) 15k a year, it’s a false economy, short term gain, long term pain.
Colt teams in L2 will be a disaster, Montrose FC could finish 10th in a league of 12 & be relegated.
There is no sane person who thinks this is a good idea.
Views guys? Also if you are against it, contact the board.

After speaking with various members of the board and also by submitting what our SC thoughts were on the matter the club was asked by the SPFL not to make comment as it isn’t an action that they are supporting.  Said board members including our chairman dismissed the idea and wanted nothing to do with it.

On 1/29/2018 at 06:30, SimonLichtie said:

But the Daily Record told us 7 out of 10 clubs were for the proposal :o 

It's almost, almost like they're lying b*****ds who said this to try and drum up some support for the bullshit proposal by making others think clubs were behind it.

Unfortunately the opposite happened where there has been such a large outcry by the fans that the proposal will definitely not be going ahead for next season. Pleasing.

Imagine the west coast press trying to bum an idea by the evil twins up.  Who’s of thunk it?

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After speaking with various members of the board and also by submitting what our SC thoughts were on the matter the club was asked by the SPFL not to make comment as it isn’t an action that they are supporting.  Said board members including our chairman dismissed the idea and wanted nothing to do with it.

Am I reading this correctly?

Montrose rejected it and the SPFL said not to tell anybody?
Would they have requested the same if they were in favour of it?

After yesterdays results Montrose are now mathematically safe. We cannot be relegated this year.
Onwards and upwards. :thumsup2
Just shows how we've been so used to being at the bottom of the league... so difficult to be an optimist! Come on guys... no more negative waves eh!

14 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Im rooting for you lads, not sure why.

But it would be good to have the bonus of the Montrose games on the calendar again without ourselves having to be in the bottom league. emoji6.png

Totally agree with this, would also be nice to see forfar down in the bottom division behind the rest of us Angus powerhouses.

If the over performing village currently in the championship could suffer a double relegation also that would be most pleasing... About time they sunk back down to their natural position ;)

Totally agree with this, would also be nice to see forfar down in the bottom division behind the rest of us Angus powerhouses.
If the over performing village currently in the championship could suffer a double relegation also that would be most pleasing... About time they sunk back down to their natural position [emoji6]
Poor Montrose....The fashreekers second team [emoji23]

No  Mo vs Stenny highlights from Montrose TV? Are they being held back for a reason or did the cameraman leave the lens cap on?

p.s. on a whim,  googled "cocky Montrose fans" and this was 1st result: 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/29/montrose-scotland-football-longest-suffering-fans-21-seasons-fourth-division

Very much hoping history can be rewritten this time round.

On 2/15/2018 at 02:06, Brummo said:

No  Mo vs Stenny highlights from Montrose TV? Are they being held back for a reason or did the cameraman leave the lens cap on?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/29/montrose-scotland-football-longest-suffering-fans-21-seasons-fourth-division

Actually a memory card failure i did all i could to recover the files but they were too corrupt to do anything with

As a reflection of the bigger picture, in football, all life is there: gambling addictions, sex scandals, racial abuse incidents etc. So this latest case of corruption hardly surprises me.

And here's me thinking it's down to Stuart Petrie indulging in the "black arts" of gamesmanship by preventing Elgin from gaining a heads up on our defensive frailties / strategic master plan.

I really appreciate the work you do on the highlights, so hope you splash out on less dodgy hardware next time round.

Ross Campbell .. we were down to the bare bones numbers wise

I did wonder when I seen it was a number 20 but I thought he was still registered as a player and has normally been named rather than just down as "trialist" so that threw me off. Cheers.

On 2/15/2018 at 02:06, Brummo said:

Was an article for Nutmeg magazine.  The boy who did the piece is a Dumbarton fan.   In no way cocky gave my honest view

3 hours ago, Links_Park_Dynamo said:

Was an article for Nutmeg magazine.  The boy who did the piece is a Dumbarton fan.   In no way cocky gave my honest view

Not suggesting you were cocky at all. In fact that is the very last thing I would accuse any Montrose fan of being. With our record, we must surely be about the cagiest fans around. When I googled the phrase, I suppose I was just wondering if there was even the faintest ripple of expectation out there anywhere on the net.

I enjoyed the article. There are quite a few well-written and insightful articles re. Scottish football linked to the Guardian website. It's definitely not just all about the Old Firm. 

The Grauniad seems to still manage to retain some kind of journalistic integrity, which a few others haven't.

10 hours ago, Brummo said:

Not suggesting you were cocky at all. In fact that is the very last thing I would accuse any Montrose fan of being. With our record, we must surely be about the cagiest fans around. When I googled the phrase, I suppose I was just wondering if there was even the faintest ripple of expectation out there anywhere on the net.

I enjoyed the article. There are quite a few well-written and insightful articles re. Scottish football linked to the Guardian website. It's definitely not just all about the Old Firm. 

The Grauniad seems to still manage to retain some kind of journalistic integrity, which a few others haven't.

The periodical Nutmeg magazine is really good and are owned by the Guardian group and think this is why we are seeing a Lot more well written and rounded articles instead of focusing on the usual west coast is best approach we see in the tabloids

Archived