'C'mon the Mo' 2017-18

I can only think Terry is still carrying a bit of a knock as I don't think he hasn't played a full 90 minutes since returning from injury and took another knock against Berwick I think it was. I guess he simply made way for Milne to have a rest before coming on late in the game. Nothing to worry about though as Redman was back in at Annan and both he and Milne did very well in the inside forward positions behind the strikers. Andy Steeves was still heaving it down the left but we miss Cammy on the right and though I like Webby he just isn't Cammy.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/7/2018 at 10:48, MOFOREVER said:

After a couple of home set-backs the Mo were back at the ranch yesterday with a very determined performance at Annan who themselves were on a 9 game unbeaten run.  You could see the determination in that Mo side firstly I suppose because we needed to get back on form and secondly because Annan are always a hard team to beat, a bit of a bogey side really. That said, it also should be said that there is still work to do as we should have been three up by half time with the sitters we missed although Flem saved us a couple of times as well. No disrespect to Sanny and Gary up front as both put in a good shift but both are in the twilight (at least) of their careers and SP must be planning for life afterwards.

It was a well won 3 points yesterday though so credit to the lads for that. The real gem of the day for me was the eye opening performance by Lewis Milne. He looks a class act and as he settles into the side I guess there's more to come. Flem in goal was back to his best but I made Sean Dillon MOTM as he was immense in organising the defence. A special word for Bolo as well. His first game back in a Mo shirt and played the full 90 minutes in true Bolo style - no messing, no fuss, get it away style. Great to see him back - but just one thing missing - can't recall him having a rant at the referee even just once in the whole game!

He was very calm for us. Do you think he is maturing ?

Played very well for us and made a difference to the young lad he played alongside

Thanks for loaning him out to us. When you go up please send him back 

12 hours ago, holme said:

He was very calm for us. Do you think he is maturing ?

Played very well for us and made a difference to the young lad he played alongside

Thanks for loaning him out to us. When you go up please send him back 

He's a great lad and I'm pleased he got pitch time at Shire and did a job for you. Always, always have a soft spot for the Shire who are a club we've played more time than any other in the SFL/SPFL. Hope you can get back up soon and although it's probably unlikely it would be good to see you back at your old ground which I think is still standing empty though overgrown. I remember playing Shire on your last game there (they were playing us, the Mo) and seeing two old guys hugging a turnstile on the way out knowing they would never see another Shire game there - very sad.

Well done again to the Mo, especially Bolo and Milne.  Keeping an eye on the live text updates on BBC website, was pleasantly surprised when we scored twice in quick succession. The stats weren't too hopeful up till then, with City having more shots despite the Mo having the bulk of possession.

Trying not to pay overmuch attention to the score up the coast, as we did enough and that's all that counts. 

posting under a new username as forgotten my password and no access to my old email as forgotten the password to that as well! dundee fan but a montrose lad and used to be there all the time. sure most of you will know me from that.

firstly id like to say im really impressed with the season we are having. perhaps because i dont live in montrose or able to attend the games anymore! ill need to get through soon as i do really miss those saturday afternoons.

was gutted when i heard about colins passing. met him a few times and he was a complete gentleman with a huge passion for the game. my thoughts are with the family at this tragic time.

1 hour ago, ah-dee said:

posting under a new username as forgotten my password and no access to my old email as forgotten the password to that as well! dundee fan but a montrose lad and used to be there all the time. sure most of you will know me from that.

firstly id like to say im really impressed with the season we are having. perhaps because i dont live in montrose or able to attend the games anymore! ill need to get through soon as i do really miss those saturday afternoons.

was gutted when i heard about colins passing. met him a few times and he was a complete gentleman with a huge passion for the game. my thoughts are with the family at this tragic time.

Just wondering if you are clear that it is John McGlashan rather than Colin who has died? I am assuming that when you typed about "Colin's passing" you were actually referring to John.

Just wondering if you are clear that it is John McGlashan rather than Colin who has died? I am assuming that when you typed about "Colin's passing" you were actually referring to John.
sorry i was speaking to my friend colin as i was typing! complete error on my part. certainly was john and i now feel like a fool! thanks for correcting me

No, you're not a fool for mistyping. I had forgotten that there were two McGlashans. I actually wondered why the Montrose FC website hadn't made more of a mention of his passing. I mixed up the two and probably was thinking of Colin, who was at the club twice as long as John.

Also have just noticed a condolence notice on official M.F.C. website.

Huge game Saturday for Montrose against clyde with peterhead in Scottish cup action.
Well aware they will have 3 games in hand now but personally I'd rather have the points in the bag rather playing midweek catch up which they will have to do.
Hopefully sp might have a striker lined up aswell ,I think we badly need a new goal threat for the second half of the season.

Archived